Speed with area series

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Jørgen

Speed with area series

Post by Jørgen » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi

I have a problem with area series. I have a video player like application with 12 tchart connected to 12 images. The chart shows some an area series related to an image. On top of the area series there is a fast line which shows the time progress. See below for example
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (57.86 KiB) Viewed 3680 times
However the black line causes the appliation to run substantially slower. Thus, with the area series + the fast line I only have a frame rate of 4, but when only the area series is shown the frame rate is 8.

It should be noted that the area series is not changed after loading of data.

I guess that the problem is that the area series has to be totally repainted everytime the time line is moved. Do you have any ideas on how I optimze the repainting (could I somehow make a bitmap of the area series and the use this as a background for the line or....)

Any help and/or ideas will be greatly appriciated, Jørgen

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Speed with area series

Post by Yeray » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Jørgen,

Have you tried using a ColorLineTool instead of a Line Series for this? Using it, your area series will be repainted "only" once you end dragging the line (not for each movement).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy