How to copy series between applications?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
moelski

How to copy series between applications?

Post by moelski » Mon May 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi !

Is there any way to copy series (or a whole chart) between applications?
I don´t want to use files!

Let me give you an example ...
Lets say there are two applications which have both a chart with 2 series each. Now I want to copy series 1 from application ONE to application TWO and add it as series 3.

Could you think about any easy way to do this ?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi Dominik,

I'm afraid that this would be a little bit complicated. If you don't want to use files I think that you could save your chart (only one series I'm afraid it's not possible) into a stream, and send it to the other application via the clipboard. Maybe this could help you.

Doing it this way, you'll be copying the whole chart, not only one series. So, probably in your destination application you should create a dummy chart where import the whole chart and then copy the series you want from the dummy chart to the good one in the same application.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

moelski

Post by moelski » Sun May 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi Yeray,

well dropMaster from www.raize.com can send Byte Stream via Drag & Drop from one application to another one.
Could you think about a solution to only send one series? Sending the whole chart and first creating a dummy chart in the destination application is not such a good way.

Maybe there is a solution to store the series as a component TSeries?

Greetz Dominik

moelski

Post by moelski » Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 am

And one aditional question ...

Why can´t you simple add functions liek SaveToStream / LoadFromStream to the series?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon May 11, 2009 10:29 am

Hi moelski,
moelski wrote:well dropMaster from www.raize.com can send Byte Stream via Drag & Drop from one application to another one.
Well, it should be possible to use dropmaster to export your series type and data and then parse the stream in the other side, but you should do it manually since there is no teechart function to do it.
moelski wrote:Could you think about a solution to only send one series?
Maybe there is a solution to store the series as a component TSeries?
I think it's possible to save and load delphi objects to and from streams but I don't have experience on it.
moelski wrote:Why can´t you simple add functions liek SaveToStream / LoadFromStream to the series?
Yes, this would probably be an interesting new feature for a future release. I've added it to the wish list (TV52014146).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy