TeeChart Help File

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Ninj

TeeChart Help File

Post by Ninj » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:20 am

Hi,

I just want to know why it is that when I sometimes select on some Help Item, I always get this message :

Cannot find the del5vcl.HLP file. Do you want to try to find this file yourself?

In this case which file do I have to select. del5vcl.HLP doesn't really exist. So, which file can I use to check some properties or help items?

Thanks

mboangher

Post by mboangher » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:52 am

I had the same problem. Seems that some of the links for v6 still go to the v5 document. I just copied the help file ("C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v6 ActiveX Control\Docs\TeeChartx6.hlp") as TeeChartx5.hlp in the same directory and now it works just fine.

This is just a hack, of course, not an "official" solution.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:28 am

Hi,

yes, this is a good solution (in meantime). We'll fix this for the next maintenance release.

Ninj

Post by Ninj » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:48 am

Pep wrote:Hi,

yes, this is a good solution (in meantime). We'll fix this for the next maintenance release.
So, does this mean, for the meantime, there is no way to find out how some of the TChart components can be used? Because not all of the help links/items can be found in the TeeChart6 help file.
An example is the Components object of the TComponent. I'm trying to see how I can use this object, but I cannot find the help item for this, even if I select the TeeChart6.hlp.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:13 pm

Hi
So, does this mean, for the meantime, there is no way to find out how some of the TChart components can be used?
No, the majority of the things can be found using the Index or Search of the Help.
Also, if you still not found something you want to do please ask here and we'll try to answer as soon as possible and tell you what we thing is teht better way to do it.
An example is the Components object
Components object ? I'm not sure to what are you referencing, could you please be more specific ?

Ninj

Post by Ninj » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:54 am

Hi,

Under the TeeCommander help item, there is a property named Components which seems to be derived from the TComponent. So, when I select this, I get the message about missing help links.

I'm actually, trying to see if there is any way I can add a custom button in the TeeCommander. For example, one button that will trigger a procedure that will change the datasource and seriestype of the current chart.

Thanks

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:06 am

Hi,

the only you can do is add a button over the TeeCommander (not a new commander button component, this cannot be done), just a tButton.
With the TeeCommander control, the only you can do is hide/customize the buttons, you can see one example of this in the TeeChart Pro AX v6 Demo Features project.