Problems Installing TeeChart 8.04 in D2009 (Debug Mode)

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Steve Maughan

Problems Installing TeeChart 8.04 in D2009 (Debug Mode)

Post by Steve Maughan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:50 am

I'm trying to set up a new machine and I'm having some problems with TeeChart. The machine has Vista Ultimate x64 installed and Delphi 2009. It has never had any other version of Delphi or TeeChart installed, except the standard version that ships with Delphi 2009.

I've converted over one of my projects to Delphi 2009 and everything seemed OK when I was compiling in Release mode. However, when I switched to Debug compile I got the following message:
[DCC Fatal Error] uMainForm.pas(15): F2051 Unit TeeEditCha was compiled with a different version of TeeStore.TSeriesDataText
This seems strange. I've re-built using the TeeRecompile.exe utility. I've looked at the DCU and it's got the latest timestamp. What's the problem?

Thanks,

Steve Maughan

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 am

Hi Steve,

This seems to work fine for me here.

According to the error message it would seem your project is referencing an old version of Delphi. You should check that your project's folder doesn't contain any old TeeChart unit and Delphi 2009's search paths contain v8.04's "Bin" and "Lib" folder on *top* of the list.

However, if you want to send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem will be glad to test it here.

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Steve Maughan

Post by Steve Maughan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:32 am

Narcis,

Thanks for the note. It's now working. The problem was a couple of "old" DCUs (TeeStore) in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib\debug

When I turned on "Use Debug DCUs" I got the problem. I'm not sure if this can be replicated but there may be a problem with the installer / uninstaller that caused this, since it's almost a new installation of Delphi and TeeChart. You might look at installing the DCU version into default directories onto a virgin D2009 machine, uninstalling the DCU version and installing the Source Code version onto the same machine but not the default directory (e.g. c:\Tools). Then create a project and try to make a project that has "use default DCUs" and also uses some component that accesses TeeStore.

Anyway thansk for your help!!

Cheers,

Steve Maughan

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:48 am

Hi Steve,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you solved the issue. Also thanks for your feedback, we will investigate the issue further here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:56 am

Hi Steve,

The problem is that the dcus at delphi's debug folder are the ones coming with the teechart standard version included in Delphi 2009. So, when you force your ide to use the dcus from this folder and you are using another teechart, there appears the conflict.

Another way to fix it, as well as deleting the unit that causes the conflict, could be giving more priority to teechart dcu's path than delphi's debug path. So you could move the teechart installation lib path to the top of the list at: "Tools/Options/Environment Options/Delphi Options/Library Win32/Debug DCU path"
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy