Truncated legend

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
marksonbase

Truncated legend

Post by marksonbase » Mon May 17, 2004 7:25 pm

I am graphing over 30 series in one graph (in an embedded control in IE), and even after I maximize the window, the legend does not display all series (by the way, it is a legend with check boxes). Is there a way to get the legend to 'wrap' rather than truncate?

Also, after 19 series, the same colour (red in my case) is used for all of the remaining series. My workaround has been to manually set the colours in my code, but is there a way to have the remaining colours be different automatically?

Thanks,

Mark

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue May 18, 2004 3:56 pm

Hi Mark,
I am graphing over 30 series in one graph (in an embedded control in IE), and even after I maximize the window, the legend does not display all series (by the way, it is a legend with check boxes). Is there a way to get the legend to 'wrap' rather than truncate?
I think the best way around this is to use a TeeListBox component amd make the Legend invisible. The next major release TeeChart Pro v7 will include a new Tool which could be used to do this (the LegendScroll tool).
Also, after 19 series, the same colour (red in my case) is used for all of the remaining series. My workaround has been to manually set the colours in my code, but is there a way to have the remaining colours be different automatically?
The TeeChart ENum constant clTeeColor produce a range of 19 different colours. The number of colours in this range cannot be altered. If you wished, you could create your own function to replace clTeeColor which could generate as many different colours as you need.