Installing TeeChart Pro v7 VCL over TeeChart Std 7.10

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
nwgarside

Installing TeeChart Pro v7 VCL over TeeChart Std 7.10

Post by nwgarside » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:20 pm

Hello!

I have CodeGear Delphi for Win32 2007 (Update 3) which includes TeeChart Std v7.10 for Win32. Are there any known problems I should be aware of before I install TeeChart Pro v7 (which I own)? e.g., do I need to remove the Std version before installing Pro?

Also, if I decide to purchase the upgrade to v8 Pro, are there any potential installation and usage problems I need to be aware of?

Kind regards,

Neil W. Garside

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:02 am

Hi Neil,

Installing a TeeChart component for first time in an environment where there's already a Std version included, the installer will ask you to move the old files to a backup folder.

Installing a TeeChart component in an environment where you have installed another version previously, I recommend to backup manually the old teechart files in order to prevent conflicts. The easier way to do it is, before starting the new installation, perform a search of the string "tee" in your environment path and in system32 path, and move to a backup folder the old teechart files.

Note that there shouldn't be specific installation problems with v8 and backwards compatibility is something we specially care about with all versions so now usage problem should appear. Anyway, if any problem occurs don't hesitate to let us know.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy