ReportBuilder and Tee Chart Installation Issues

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
John

ReportBuilder and Tee Chart Installation Issues

Post by John » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:05 am

Hello

A few monthsago, I added Tee Chart 7.11 to my development environment, Delphi2006. At that time there were some installations problems relative to ReportBuilder Version 10.x. The recommendation was to uninstall both ReportBuilder and Tee Chart then first reinstall Tee Chart followed by ReportBuilder. Should these procedures be followed: a) whenever ReportBuilder is upgraded and/or b) when I install the upgrade from Tee Chart 7.11 to Tee Chart 8?

TIA

John

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:29 am

Hi John,

when..
a) I think it should work fine just reinstalling the newer ReportBuilder version, but before do it make sure that this version is also compatible with the TeeChart Pro version installed on your system.

b) Yes, in case you upgrade to TeeChar Pro v8, you must uninstall both and then follow the same installation order you did for TeeChart Pro v7 (checking again the RB compatibility).

John

Further clarification

Post by John » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:47 am

Just to double check, the binary installer for 8.01 needs to be executed prior to installing the source code?

Does the binary installer contain the examples that are present in TeeChart8_Examples.zip or are they different?

TIA

John

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:06 am

Hi John,

if you want to have the Docs, Tutorials and examples you should install first the binary installer (without sources) and then install the binary installer (with sources), open the IDE and just add the path where you put the source code version into the Search Path entry.
Does the binary installer contain the examples that are present in TeeChart8_Examples.zip or are they different?
I'm not sure where you get that file, the installer without sources includes several examples like Tee8New, TeeMaps, TeeChartOffice, TeeFilters, etc...
Maybe the zipped file you have only contains the Tee8New Demo ?