Unable to install and use TC8 in D2006 Pro

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
djsox

Unable to install and use TC8 in D2006 Pro

Post by djsox » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:27 am

Hi,
I am unable to get TC8 to install and compile using the compile tool. The compilation apparently works, but as soon as I try to use any additional components such as the chart editor ot chart tools, I get an error saying for instance the Teetools.pas was compiled with a different version of TCustomChartPanel or something to that effect. I do not have any old Tee files on my system. They were all removed, completely, from my system. Simply placing the teetools.pas file in the application directory causes it to work oksy. Understand that this happens with all sorts of files other than the most basic chart. As it is I am dead in the water, I removed all traces of previous versions of TC to try to get this to work.

By the way the recompile tool fails on the last line. I can send you the error log iof it will help.

I tried to use the binary installer but it had the same problems.

Note: to the best of my ability I have no old tee files on this system, and I have cleaned the registry of any mentioon of TC befopre trying to reinstall version 8.

How can I get this fixed? Of course I realize it is the weekend, but I'm hoping someone will be working.

Dan

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:52 pm

Hi Dan,

Yes, there's a problem with latest v7.11 installers for Delphi/C++ Builder 2007 and v8 installers.

We are currently working on solving the issue. In the meantime, I've sent you latest v8 sources so that you can try compiling and installing them at your end.

If it doesn't help don't hesitate to let us know.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

HenryE

Post by HenryE » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:49 pm

There a new Release 8.01!!
With this all things works fine for me.