teechart / devExpress problem

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
mh

teechart / devExpress problem

Post by mh » Thu May 10, 2007 3:37 pm

Hello,

does somebody know a solution to the following:

After some problems with the devExpress / teeChart installation (the known error message "Cannot load package 'Tee710.' It contains unit 'TeeAbout', which is also contained in package 'tee100'" appeared) I finally reached a state, where the start and compilation of my project was possible without error messages.

But when I start to debug the project, the windows installer always wants to install the tee100.bpl package (which would cause conflicts with the TeeChart Pro v7 package) from the Delphi installation CD. After cancelling the installation, Delphi mostly hangs up or disappears.

It is possible to run the project without debugging. I use Delphi 2006.

Regards
Michael

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri May 11, 2007 7:26 am

Hi Michael,

Run without debugging option can be found at Run menu or pressing Shift+Ctrl+F9.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

mh

Post by mh » Fri May 11, 2007 7:35 am

Hi Narcis,

you misunderstood me. I know how to run a project without debugging.

I just wanted to say, that in this mode it is possible to run the project without Delphi trying to reinstall the tee100.bpl file.

But I need the debug mode of the project running without reinstallation attempts.

Regards
Michael

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed May 16, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi Michael,

most likely the problem is some old standard TeeChart files still in the Delphi search paths, have you tried to remove (or backup) them and also make sure that the path of the TeeChart Pro files is the first into the Project Options -> Search Paths ?
Also check the project you're trying to compile/debug still not referencing to the standard TeeChart files.

mh

Post by mh » Mon May 21, 2007 6:52 am

Thank you,

a complete reinstallation of Delphi, TeeChart and devExpress solved the problem.

Regards
Michael