Area series pattern color

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
thatnerdyguy

Area series pattern color

Post by thatnerdyguy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:38 pm

It appears that for an Area series, the TChart dialog's Series->Format->Color button corresponds to the AreaColor property.

What does the Series->Format->Pattern->Color button correspond to? I've tried ISeries.Color, IAreaSeries.AreaPen.Color, but neither seems to do the same thing.

Also, it seems to act kinda wierd. If you take the All Features\Components\Chart Editor\Chart Editor Dialog example, do the following:

1.) change the series to a 2D area
2.) Click on the Series->Format->Pattern button to bring up the Pattern Color Editor dialog
3.) Click on the different patterns, you see the different patterns being drawn apparently using the same color (black), the "series color" looks like it is being used as the background, with the "pattern color" used to draw the pattern lines
4.) Click on the Color button in the Pattern Color Editor dialog, select black, and click ok
5.) Now the drawing appears to have "inverted" (i.e. the series color is now the one used to draw the pattern lines, while the "pattern color" is now the "background color")

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the chart dialog, the chart itself, or maybe it's not a bug and I just don't understand what is going on.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:00 am

Hi thatnerdyguy,

The problem is that AreaChartBrush was missing as told here.

As told in the forum thread above, AreaChartBrush has already been included and v7.0.1.4 was released at the beginning of this week. So you can now use this:

Code: Select all

TChart1.Series(0).asArea.AreaChartBrush.Color = vbBlue
I'm not sure if this is a bug in the chart dialog, the chart itself, or maybe it's not a bug and I just don't understand what is going on.
I've tried with the features demo included with the features demo included with v7.0.1.4 installation and doesn't behave the way you reported. Could you please test it again with v7.0.1.4?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum