Print Preview allowed when Editor Print tab hidden.

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
RGSMike

Print Preview allowed when Editor Print tab hidden.

Post by RGSMike » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:39 pm

If you hide the Print tab on the editor, you will still get the Print Preview on the Chart / General tab of the Chart Editor. It would seem logical that if you are hiding the Print tab, you would also want to hide the Print Preview processing on the Chart / General tab.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:55 am

Hi RGSMike,

Editor dialogs have been re-designed for v8 and this no longer happens. Now Margins settings can be found under Panel tab and print preview is no longer available there.

If you are interested in beta-testing v8 we can send you the details to download it.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

RGSMike

Post by RGSMike » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:10 pm

I have given some thought to your offer to beta test version 8. I am at a point of having to redesign my interface due to a problem I have encountered (the one I have not be able to get into a test case). Considering the issues I have encountered and the fact that I now have to redesign and reimplement the interface to TChart, I think it would be a very wise move to use version 8 TChart.

While I am usually reluctant to beta test software (I too am a developer and have been involved in development for a very long time), I am not in this case. First of all, I do not have a working interface that can be broken. Second, I would know what the future holds for me regarding TChart in version 8. Third, I already have problems, what's a few more. Finally, it would get us both on the current product (version 8) and thus eliminate duplication and effort on both of our parts. This latter one is most desirable.

Please send me the details regarding the download of version 8, I will gladly work with it.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:12 am

Hi RGSMike,

Ok, just sent you the info.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

RGSMike

Post by RGSMike » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:40 pm

Got it installed and I will be able to use it later in the week.

You should be advised that like the version 7 release, I had a little trouble installing it. I use only the C++ personality in the BDS2006. In order for this to really work correctly, I have to uninstall the package(s) from within BDS environment and then reinstall it from within the BDS. This was also true for the version 7 release.

You might want to know this when some C++ developer is having some trouble with the product after installing it.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:20 am

Hi RGSMike,

Would you be so kind to post the problems you have found at the v8 Beta newsgroup so that we can improve C++ Builder 2006 installation?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software