Errors Recompiling TQRChart for QuickReports in Delphi 2006

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
okfoods

Errors Recompiling TQRChart for QuickReports in Delphi 2006

Post by okfoods » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:14 pm

Using
=========================
Delphi 2006
QuickReport 4.06 Pro
TeeChart Pro 7.08
=========================

I performed the following steps of the instructions.
1) Open Delphi 2006.

2) Next, close all projects. Then go to the "File->Open project" menu and pick the TeeQR710.dpk package.

3) For <b>Quick Report 4</b>, you'll have to remove the reference to the old <b>Quick Report v3</b> package and replace it with the new runtime package. For Delphi 7, you should remove the qrpt70.dcp file (or similar, depending which QR version you previously used) and replace it with the QR4RunD7.dcp package. Also, set the package build option to "Rebuild as needed".
------------------------
I changed the the QRPT.dcp to QR4runD2006.dcp
------------------------

4) Now click the "Compile" button. The package should compile correctly. If you receive errors, see "TroubleShooting" below.

------------------------
No Errors were receive during the compiled
------------------------

8 ) Open the DclTQR710.dpk package ("File->Open project" menu).

9) Now click the "Compile" button. The package should compile automatically. If you receive errors, see "TroubleShooting" below.
------------------------
Errors were received during this compile.
Error = Required Package DCLTEE710 not found.

Could not continue from th is point..

Could you please provide some assistance.

As an Aside this happened when i tried to use the TQRChart component in Delphi 2005. I had the same problem and could never get the code to compile correctly and you finally sent me a copy of the compiled code to my email address. Your help is appreciated. Thanks

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:29 am

Hi okfoods,
Errors were received during this compile.
Error = Required Package DCLTEE710 not found.

Could not continue from th is point..

Could you please provide some assistance.
This is because this package can not find TeeChart packages. You should add DclTee710 path's at the project you are compiling Search Path section at Project\Options\Directories/Conditionals. Search for DclTee710.dcu in your hard drive and add its path at the package search path list.
As an Aside this happened when i tried to use the TQRChart component in Delphi 2005. I had the same problem and could never get the code to compile correctly and you finally sent me a copy of the compiled code to my email address. Your help is appreciated. Thanks
We don't have those packages available. However the error you are getting isn't a dificult one to solve. Please try what I suggested and post here if you have more problems.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

okfoods

Post by okfoods » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:38 pm

I guess since we are using the pro version I could not find this file name but when I used the file name DCLTeePro710.dcp it worked. I would suggest documenting that info in your recompile process where it wouldn't be so confusing. Thanks for you help.