License problem

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Fbeliveau

License problem

Post by Fbeliveau » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:50 pm

One of our modules uses TeeChart. We have a dedicated computer to build all our modules and this computer is not a developper station. So, when we build our latest version,
we receive this error: licenses.licx: Could not transform licenses file 'licenses.licx' into a binary resource. (1) : error LC0004 : Exception occured creating type 'System.NullReferenceException'

I figured out that I need to install the TeeChart Installer, so I installed it but I still receive this error.

Firstly, I would like to know if we are legal or do I need to buy a license for the builder computer (We dont develop anything on this computer) ?

Secondly, why do I receive this error again after the installation of TeeChart Installer? I checked the license.licx and the file seems to contain the latest information:
Steema.TeeChart.TChart, TeeChart, Version=2.0.2306.26231, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c8126276c77bdb7

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:22 am

Hello,

To compile TeeChart on a build-only machine (no coding taking place) then a license purchase for that machine is not required provided the machine where the code was developed holds a license.

A technical requirement to compile a project with TeeChart is to have the physical license installed in the machine. That can be installed via the TeeChart Installer as you have done or via the TeeRegister utility available from the customer doanload page.

If, after installing the physical license the compilation generates a license error then possibly either:
- there was a problem installing the physical license - retry using TeeRegister mentioned above.
- there is a confusion of TeeChart versions in the machine - check what versions of teechart.dll exist on the machine and confirm they are all the common version you wish to use. Check too the GAC and AssemblyFolders key to confirm that no inherent link is being made to a different version of TeeChart to that which you wish to use.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

johnk

Post by johnk » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:52 pm

Could you direct me to the text in the license that states we don't need a license for a build-only machine? Our IT department needs something a little more binding than a reference to this post.

Secondly, most of our developers have multiple machines and/or use virtual machines. If the developer is the only one who uses these machines can they install on those machines? If so we need to have something concrete for our IT department.

Thanks.

Johnk

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:14 am

Hello John,

There is no specific reference to the build machine in the license agreement. We'll mark that for inclusion. In the meantime please could you email sales at steema.com with your customer id and reference this thread so that a written confirmation can be prepared for you.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support