TChartAxis.Automatic

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
bcmiller

TChartAxis.Automatic

Post by bcmiller » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi,
I've raised this issue before -please have patience.

******** (from TeeChart Help)
Description
If Axis.Automatic property is True, then the Maximum and Minimum values for the Axis will be automatically calculated based on all Axis dependent Series.

With TDBChart if the data has zeroes or nulls TLineSeries lines will pack towards the top. I can get around this by cycling through my data to find the lowest value greater > 0 and using SetMinMax to reset the scale. But this gets complicated when you're changing the datasets alot. It also causes delays. I'm looking for a faster solution.

Am wondering is there is some way to 'tweak' the Axis.Automatic property so that it calculates only on values > zero?

Thanks,
Barry

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:23 am

Hi Barry,

for the moment the only way I can think of is as you said, by iterating through all the Series values and check whether these are Nulls or not, and then use the SetMinMax method to change the scales.

I've added this issue on our wish list to be considered for further releases (add an option to do this automatically when axis scales are automatic).