Delphi 2006 and TChart 7.06 not working directly

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
mtspp

Delphi 2006 and TChart 7.06 not working directly

Post by mtspp » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:06 pm

I have a suspicious problem with Delphi 2006 and TChart 7.06

I habe Delphi 7 and Delphi 2006 installed on my system. Delphi 7 and TChart 7.06 is working fine.

When I try to work with Delphi 2006 and TChart 7.06 I can place a Chart on my Form, I can configure the form and I can compile and save my project. But when I close Delphi 2006 and restart it and open my project again I´m no more able to configure anything at the TChart. When I click at the chart I get a TForm.ChartClick Event created in my code.

The only way to get it working back again is to close my project, open a new project, add a TChart, close this again and reopen my originla project. Then the TChart is working as it should.

So it seems to me Delphi is loading something when I add a chart which is not laoded when I only open my saved project.

I already tried to delete all old TChart Files, because Delphi 2006 comes with a simple version of TChart.

So can sb. please tell me what I can do to get my TChart working as ist should with Delphi 2006?

Regards

mtspp

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:44 pm

Hi mtspp,

When you have the TeeChart v7.06 project working you could try openning Project\Options, select the left-bottom "Default" checkbox and press "Ok" button. This will make that the packages and search paths that work for TeeChart as set as a default to any other packages.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

mtspp

Post by mtspp » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:07 pm

Hi Narcis,

I tried it but this is also not working, I still have the same behaviour. When I add a Chart it is working. When I save the project and restart Delphi 2006 I can open the project, the Chart is still visible but I can not do anything. I first have to add a new chart the it is working again.

Regards

mtspp

mtspp

Post by mtspp » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:15 pm

Hi again,

maybe I found the problem but I don´t know how to solve it ;-(

I found TeeChart files in system32 named *tee100*.*, I think they come with Delphi 2006. I deleted them, but when I open Delphi 2006 and add a Chart and compile the project Delphi automatically starts the installer and wants the CD1 and 2 from Delphi 2006. When I search again after that installer the files *tee100*.* are back again in system32

How can I delete the old chart files? could this be the problem?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi mtspp,

This is strange but it could be. You should go to project\options\packages and remove old TeeChart packages (*Tee100*.*) and enable v7 packages (*Tee107*.*). You should also check that at project\options\directories/conditionals\Search Path, v7 "Lib" and "Bin" folders are on top of the list. After that enable the left-bottom "Default" checkbox.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

mtspp

Post by mtspp » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:48 pm

I cleared all files, set the path but it isn´t working... do I have to recompile? But everything is working when I add a new chart so it should not be a problem of a wrong compiled version!?!?

I have installed Report Builder Verison 10 with TeeChart support, could the problem be somewhere there?

mtspp

Post by mtspp » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:57 am

I think I found the real problem now. When I uninstall the ReportBuilder TChart is working as it should. So it must be a problem with the ReportBuilder, maybe ReportBuilder is compiling the Report TChart support with the wrong version.

So I will try to contact ReportBuilder support again, maybe they have a solution for this problem

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:42 am

Hi mtspp,

Yes please, try contacting Digital Metaphors support because they are the ones who implement the Report Builder wrapper for TeeChart.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

mtspp

Post by mtspp » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:23 am

Hi Narcis,

I have to contact you again, because I still don´t hava a solution for this problem. After sending a lot of mails to the RBuilder support they also don´t know anything abaout this problem.

I completely reinstalled my system now with Windows XP, Delphi 2006 ( german ) and TChart 7.06 and everything is working fine. When I install RBuilder 10.01 the problem starts again.

I can start Delphi 2006 and the TChart components are still in the component list. When I open a old project with an TChart I get an error that the the needed files for the TChart components are not found.

I already recompiled TChart / RBuilder reinstalled Delphi 2006 and Windows XP

I don´t know what I could do to get this working.