TQRChart hangs after QuickReport upgrade

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Lucian

TQRChart hangs after QuickReport upgrade

Post by Lucian » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:49 pm

QuickReport version: 4.06 Professional
C++ Builder 6
Windows XP SP2
TChart Version 7.06

I've recently upgraded from the free version of QuickReport that ships with Builder to version 4.06 Professional. After successfully recompiling the TQRChart packages to work with the new version of QuickReport, I built my application. It now hangs when the QuickReport is set up with the following code (which worked before):

TQRChart *QRChart1=new TQRChart(this);
// Create the QRDBChart
TQRDBChart *tempQRDB=new TQRDBChart(QRChart1);
tempQRDB->Parent=QRChart1;

// add the QRChart to the QuickReport...
QRChart1->ParentReport=QuickRep;
QRChart1->Parent=QRBandDetail;

// Copy the chart tmpChart onto the QRChart1
QRChart1->Chart->FreeAllSeries();
QRChart1->Chart->Assign(tmpChart); // tmpChart is a TChart on another form

for (int t=0;t<=tmpChart->SeriesCount()-1;t++)
CloneChartSeries(tmpChart->Series[t])->ParentChart = QRChart1->Chart;

Application->ProcessMessages(); <------- Hangs on this line (if the line is ommitted, the chart constantly refreshes itself on the form)

I've also tried using the QRChart1->SetChart(tmpChart); function instead of the code which works with the QRChart1->Chart. This has exactly the same result.

What am I doing wrong? The problem seems to be to do with the copying of series because if the chart i'm copying from has no series it works.

Regards

Tom Hatfield
Eltek Ltd

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:15 am

Hi Tom,

yes, you're correct, we have recently become aware of this problem. It happens when the Legend is visible, setting visible to false should not appear. We'll try to fix this problem as soon as possible. In meantime the only workaround is to use the v7.05 since it's not fixed.