TeeChart with VS.NET problems

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
David
Advanced

TeeChart with VS.NET problems

Post by David » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:48 am

I have been struggling with a simple C++ app using Teechart ActiveX in VS.NET2003. Almost all the tutorials are in VB and I just don't know how to get corresponding C++ version, even if I just want to change the Margins at runtime. Besides, it seems Teechart hasn't been fully upgraded to VS.NET environment 'cause there were always errors when I followed the tutorial 15. Any one know where I can find better manual or tutorial for C++ users,especially VC++.NET? Thanks!

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:40 am

Hi David Lin,

I'd suggest you to have a look at the document called "Using TeeChart Pro AX in VStudio .NET" available at TeeChart Pro ActiveX program group. At the examples folder you'll also find a VC++.NET example (C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7 ActiveX Control\Examples\Visual Studio .NET\Vc++).
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

David
Advanced

Post by David » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:14 am

Hi, there,
I read the code and still I couldn't find how to change margin. :( Actually, what I concern is whether there is C++ version manual of how to change the control properties and how to use the functions, not just Visual Basic help files.
Thank you!

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:53 am

Hi David,

I'm afraid there's not such a document. To change TChart margins using VC++ you can use:

Code: Select all

m_ctrlChart.GetPanel().SetMarginUnits(1); //muPercent = 0, muPixels = 1
	m_ctrlChart.GetPanel().SetMarginLeft(100);
	m_ctrlChart.GetPanel().SetMarginRight(100);
	m_ctrlChart.GetPanel().SetMarginTop(50);
	m_ctrlChart.GetPanel().SetMarginBottom(50);
BTW: You'll also have to include Panel.cpp and Panel.h to your project and add #include "Panel.h" to the dialog implementation.

For TeeChart constants integer equivalent values you should have a look at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7 ActiveX Control\Examples\Visual C++\TeeChartDefines.h (default english installation path).

For setting properties in VC++, the names are the same as in VB, but you'll need to use the Get and Set prefixes as you can see in the snippet above and the example I mentioned before.

For more VC++ examples, even they are not for VC++.NET, you can have look at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7 ActiveX Control\Examples\Visual C++\Version 6 (default english installation path). The syntax will be the same for VC++.NET.

If you are still having problems please feel free to post them here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

David
Advanced

Post by David » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:14 am

Hi, there,

Finally I began to have some clue of how to use it. I will try out more examples. Thanka a lot, Mr. Calvet.