Installing QuickReport TQRChart

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Softsmith

Installing QuickReport TQRChart

Post by Softsmith » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:38 am

I have read the FAQ "How can I install TeeChart with new versions of QuickReport?"

I believe I have followed it to the letter, but I am still having problems because of a dependancy on an old version of Quickreports.
This is my setup

Delphi 7 PRO
Quickreports PRO version 4.05
I have just purchased Techart Standard V 7.7

These are the steps I have followed, using the FAQ from the website.
Removed DclTQR77.bpl from Installed packages in Delphi

Removed all old TQRchart components - To aid in this process, I wrote a small DOS batch file with each file name, so that I would not miss any

Opened Delphi again, and opened TeeQR77.pkg. I removed the reference to qrpt. When I then click on Compile button, it asks it should include QR4RunD7, and I click OK. ( I have changed the flag to "Rebuild as necessary") - No problems in compiling.

Open the DclTQR77.dpk and Compile - No errors.

Copy the compiled packages into the various directories as outigned

Now, when i go back to Delphi, and try to add the DclTQR77.bpl, I get the message "Can not load Q4RunD7 - it contains unit QRExport which is also contained in package Qrpt70.

If I remove Qrpt70 from the Windows system 32 folder, the message is then Qrp70.bpl could not be found.

Can you advise which unit or package need the reference to qrp70 removed ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Colin Smith

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:44 am

Hi Colin,

This means qrpt70 is still referenced by some package. You should make sure you uninstalled dclqrpt70.bpl at Project\Options\Packages and that there is no reference to this package at Project\Options\Directories/Conditionals\Search Path. Also, place the TeeChart and new Quick Report search paths at the top of the search path list.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Softsmith

Post by Softsmith » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:34 am

Many thanks for you prompt reply.

The problem has been driving me crazy. I would hate to say how many times I have gone thru the iinstallation procedure. It did cross my mind that maybe I need to buy the PRO version of Teechart.

Again, thanks