TChart, Quick Report and QuickReport Export Filters

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
toreba

TChart, Quick Report and QuickReport Export Filters

Post by toreba » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:35 pm

I am about to install TChart 7 Pro for Delphi 6 along with QuickReport Pro 4 and Gnostice QuickReport Export Filters. With older versions of each of these the process has always been a nightmare of mutual incompatibility. Before I start this time, can anyone recommend the best order in which these three components should be installed in order to minimise wasted project time and mental illness. Thanks.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:29 am

Hi toreba,

You'll find the instructions to install TeeChart being compatible with newer Quick Report versions, than the one shipped with Delphi, at this article.

If you are installing in Delphi 6 the first thing you should do is install all Delphi 6 upgrades and RTL updates available.

I've never worked with Gnostice QuickReport Export Filters. I'm not sure of that but I'd may suggest that once you have your TeeChart and Quick Report being compatible you could install those components.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

toreba

Post by toreba » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:22 am

Well I tried following the instructions in that article very carefully, a number of times, but I cannot recompile the package TeeQR76.dpk. The error messages says that unit QRTee.pas requires file QRSearchDlg.dcu, which does not exist on my computer. I feel that nightmare coming on again.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:50 pm

Hi toreba,

This is quite rare. However, on those situations, the problem is always the same, some compiled units with other TeeChart or Quick Report versions are still present.

Your should make a list of the units at "QuickReport" folder, included with TeeChart installation, and search for their names without extension (.*) so that you find all files (compiled and not compiled). After that you should backup or remove them, try to compile TQRChart packages again and copy new generated files to the appropiate folders.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum