BCB5 Installation and QuickReport

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ables

BCB5 Installation and QuickReport

Post by ables » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:35 pm

I'm installing TeeChart 7 Pro with BCB5 and QuickReport 4, and I'm having a couple of issues with the general installation as well as recompiling to work with QuickReport 4.

1. After installing, if I'm trying to compile, Borland always asks me where it can find the various TeeChart package import files. This goes away if I tell it not to build with run-time libraries, which is how I normally compile, but it implies there's something off with my installation. Are there more files I'm supposed to copy somewhere? I thought the TeeChart installer set all paths, etc. correctly for BCB.

2. All of my install instructions refer to a file called "install.txt" in the QuickReport directory for detailed info on recompiling. Except that file isn't there.

I've tried using these instructions for Delphi

http://www.teechart.net/support/modules ... =0&thold=0

and adapting for C++ Builder 5, but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything, because...

3. When I try to compile with the above instructions, I get a linker error that "dbtable.obj" is missing. I can't find this file anywhere, nor can I find what's referencing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-david

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:46 am

Hi David,

Please find below the answers to your questions:

1. Then may be TeeChart paths weren't set properly. You should check at Project -> Options -> Directories/Conditionals that Include paths list points to new TeeChart version "Include" folder and it's on the top of the list and also the same with Library path list and "Lib" folder. After that you should also check the left-bottom "Default" checkbox and apply the changes so that you don't have to do it for every project.

2. You are right, this file is not at the QuickReport directory. I'll add it to our defect list to be fixed for future releases. However the URL you posted is the appropiate place where to find the instrucitons.

3. You may be refering to "dbtables.obj" instead of "dbtable.obj".
DBTables is a Borland unit that, if I'm not wrong, in CBuilder 5 is at "vclbde50.bpl" package. It can be your package only references vcldb50 and vclbde50 is missing.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

ables

Post by ables » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:38 pm

Thanks a bunch, Narcís.

I went ahead and manually added the TeeChart include and lib directories, and no more complaints.
You may be refering to "dbtables.obj" instead of "dbtable.obj".
DBTables is a Borland unit that, if I'm not wrong, in CBuilder 5 is at "vclbde50.bpl" package. It can be your package only references vcldb50 and vclbde50 is missing.
You're correct on both counts. I added "vcldbe50.bpl" to the list of required packages for TeeQRC5.dpk. No more link errors. 8)

Thanks again,
-david

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:17 am

Hi David,

You're welcome. I'm glad to here you could solve your problems.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum