Missing Help Files (TeeChart7.hlp etc.)

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
James J. Gold

Missing Help Files (TeeChart7.hlp etc.)

Post by James J. Gold » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:04 am

Since I had the conflict between TeeChart and the TMS Component Pack, TeeChart had to be manually installed (after uninstalling TMS) followed by recompiling and reinstalling TMS.

Now I find that (I guess) because the TeeChart installation was interrupted, the help files for TeeChart were not installed. In fact, although I see a reference to TeeChart7.hlp (and other similar files) in the BCB Help -> Customize... lists, their icons are X-ed out, and I can't find any TeeChart-related .hlp files on my hard drive.

I found TeeChart7Standard.hlp after reinstalling TeeChart, and I added it to the BCB help system.

Is there anything else available, such as TeeChart7.hlp and its associated .cnt file and TeeChartGuide.hlp? Can they be downloaded somewhere? Or is it that I am just stupid or something?

Thanks,

-- Jim Gold --
jim@goha.com

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:25 am

Hi Jim,
Is there anything else available, such as TeeChart7.hlp and its associated .cnt file and TeeChartGuide.hlp? Can they be downloaded somewhere? Or is it that I am just stupid or something?
Yes, you should find those files and more documentation as tutorials and so at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Standard 7 for Builder 5\Docs (default english installation path). Those files should be copied by the installer. If you have any problem finding them or reinstalling the files from the installer please let me know and I'll try to make them downloadable for you.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

James J. Gold

Post by James J. Gold » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:27 pm

Narcis:

My C: drive was fairly full so I downloaded to F:\Program Files\\Steema Software\TeeChart Standard 7 for Builder 5\...

The \Docs\ subdirectory has:

Two subdirectories:
DocImages - a subdirectory with 8 small image files
Runtime Editor help source - a subdirectory with eight files

And 3 files:
TeeChart7Standard.chm
TeeChart7Standard.hlp
TeeChartStdv7Manual.chm

If this is all I am supposed to have, I guess I'll make do, but BCB is apparently expecting TeeChart7.hlp instead.

Thanks,

-- Jim Gold --
jim@goha.com

James J. Gold

Post by James J. Gold » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:02 am

Does this mean that the files don't really exist and that I have everything and I should just shut up about it?

-- Jim Gold --
jim@goha.com

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:04 am

Hi Jim,

This is a bug in our installer. I've added it to our deffect list to be fixed for future releases. However I've already sent you TeeChart7.hlp file but you should be aware that many things from this file are not available with TeeChart v7 Standard.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum