Program crashed on startup in Teetools::initialization

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Andrew Bond

Program crashed on startup in Teetools::initialization

Post by Andrew Bond » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:23 am

I'm setting up a new PC to compile/build an app with C++Builder 6 and TeeChart Pro 7.05. The app works perfectly on existing PCs, using identical code.

The problem on the new PC is that my app crashes on startup, before reaching WinMain(): the program's call stack indicates that the crash originated in Teetools::initialization at address 007D3834.

I can get the example app shipped with TeeChart Pro to work without problem. And other apps of my own that do not use TeeChart Pro also work without problem.

Any suggestions where I should look for fixing the problem? I'm baffled because this app works on other PCs without problem. Is there a setup step that I might have missed? Is there anything I can do to identify the problem?

Thanks in anticipation...

Andrew Bond

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:27 pm

Hi, Andrew.

Perhaps the problem is your (teeChart) applications are compiled with wrong version of TeeChart bpi/lib files. Check your project group file (*.bpg) if it actually references only TeeChart v7 for BCB6 packages. TeeChart v7 for BCB6 packages will have Tee7C6 in their name so it should be relatively easy to spot and fix the problematic entries.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

Andrew Bond

Post by Andrew Bond » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:36 am

Marjan

Thanks for your comments, they have helped me h=get over the problem (although I still haven't discovered the exact cause).

I deleted/renamed all tee*.bpl, .bpi, and .lib files I could find on my hard drive, leaving just the tee7*.* versions. Still got the same problem.

So I deleted the chart from my project, rebuilt and it worked. Then I created a new chart, configured it as before, and presto! it works.

I can see no difference in the code, so it must be a build setting I cannot find or an old file that has now been re-compiled.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Andrew