Surface Chart and Contour Chart Issues

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
DEV1

Surface Chart and Contour Chart Issues

Post by DEV1 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:06 am

I have two forms in my solution named WindowsFormsApplication1.
If you open up a solution and run it, you will be able to see a basic Surface Chart without data.
There are two buttons called 'button1' and 'button2' which adds data to the Surface Chat.

Under two situations, TeeChart works differently even though the two situations are essentially the same.

1st situation
I click button1 when an application starts. I will see a curved chart. Then, I press button2. I will see a flat chart. It works the way it is supposed to work.

2nd situation
I click button2 when an application starts. I will see a flat chart that is a little different from 1st situation regarding color. Then, I press button2. I will see a curved chart that is somehow distorted.
It does not work the way it is supposed to work.

I would like to know why this is happening.

*Note
Whenever a button is pressed, I call Clear Fuction for Surface Chart and then load data into the Surface Chart.

If you open modify Program.cs to run Form 2, you will be able to see a Contour Chart.
Currently, I set UpToValue to 364.2261. When I change UpToValue to 364.226, it does not color the region anymore.
I am afraid that this situation might manifest under other values. That is why I would like you to investigate this issue further as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.
I would like to hear from you as soon as possible.

You can download the project here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j2pm3lfydrrr ... 1.zip?dl=0

Christopher
Guru

Re: Surface Chart and Contour Chart Issues

Post by Christopher » Mon May 09, 2016 4:29 pm

DEV1 wrote: Thank you for your cooperation.
I would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Thank you.

We have been able to reproduce your first issue and are presently investigating it. We hope to have a more definitive answer for your soon.
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Christopher
Guru

Post by Christopher » Tue May 10, 2016 9:37 am

DEV1 wrote: *Note
Whenever a button is pressed, I call Clear Fuction for Surface Chart and then load data into the Surface Chart.
Okay, the solution to this issue is to call ClearPalette as well, e.g.

Code: Select all

private void AddPoints(string strPath)
    {
      this.m_surface.ClearPalette();
      this.m_surface.Clear();
a call to ClearPalette() has been added to the Clear() method for the next maintenance release.
DEV1 wrote: Currently, I set UpToValue to 364.2261. When I change UpToValue to 364.226, it does not color the region anymore.
I'm afraid I can't reproduce this issue using the latest version of TeeChart, as can be seen in this video:
http://screencast.com/t/7cVxLsIwNFvz
Best Regards,
Steema Software

DEV1

Post by DEV1 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:53 am

I am attaching three screenshots to show the issue that you were not able to reproduce.
As I was watching your video, I noticed that the version you are using is not really the same.

A file named Version.png displays what is our T-Chart is as well as Target Framework.

A file named 364.2261.png displays a T-Chart with proper coloring when UpToValue is set at 364.2261.

A file named 364.226.png displays a T-Chart with improper coloring when UpToValue is set at 364.226.

I would like to investigate this matter further as it is very important for us to make sure that this behavior is never produced.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Attachments
364.226.png
364.226.png (37.84 KiB) Viewed 13191 times
364.2261.png
364.2261.png (38.78 KiB) Viewed 13184 times
Version.png
Version.png (53.13 KiB) Viewed 13180 times

Christopher
Guru

Post by Christopher » Wed May 11, 2016 10:52 am

DEV1 wrote: I would like to investigate this matter further as it is very important for us to make sure that this behavior is never produced.
I have found the cause of this issue and have already fixed it. Unfortunately, unless you have the TeeChart source code, there is no workaround that can be applied. The fix will be included in the next maintenance release, due out within the next few working days.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

DEV1

Post by DEV1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:29 am

I am waiting for your next maintenance release. You told me that it would available in a few days.
I would like to know if the maintenance release is ready and it sure fixed the problem that I mentioned.
Please let me know as soon as possible as we need to update out software as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

Christopher
Guru

Post by Christopher » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:30 am

DEV1 wrote:I am waiting for your next maintenance release. You told me that it would available in a few days.
I would like to know if the maintenance release is ready and it sure fixed the problem that I mentioned.
Please let me know as soon as possible as we need to update out software as quickly as possible.
The new maintenance release was announced nearly a month ago at the top of this forum, as you can see here:
forumannounce.PNG
forumannounce.PNG (57.67 KiB) Viewed 13118 times
I can affirm that a fix to your issue is included in this release.
Best Regards,
Steema Software