Right Axis=Left Axis

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
alanmcd

Right Axis=Left Axis

Post by alanmcd » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:11 pm

I have a time based left axis and line graph with function curve fitting. The graph is what I want but I also want the left and right axis to be identical.
If I use:
DBChart1.Series[0].VertAxis := aBothVertAxis;
I get the right axis on a different scale to the left. It doesn't use the correct scale. I've tried Series[1], 2, 3, 4 and they all have their own scale which is not the correct scale.
How do I just show the left axis on teh right as well as the left, the way the default left axis is showing?
regards
Alan

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Right Axis=Left Axis

Post by Yeray » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello,
alanmcd wrote:

Code: Select all

DBChart1.Series[0].VertAxis := aBothVertAxis;
This makes the first series in the chart to use both Left and Right axes; the two vertical axes provided by default.

If you want to have the same min and max in both the Left and Bottom axes, you can use the axes SetMinMax function. Ie:

Chart1.Axes.Left.SetMinMax(0, 10);
Chart1.Axes.Bottom.SetMinMax(0, 10);
If you want to have the same ticks, you can set the same Increment for both the Left and Bottom axes. Ie:

Chart1.Axes.Left.Increment:=1;
Chart1.Axes.Bottom.Increment:=1;
If you want to make Left and Bottom axes isometric, I'd suggest you to take a look at the "All features\Welcome !\Axes\Isometric Axis" example in the features demo to see how this function is used in it.
The features demo is shipped with the binary installation. You should find a shortcut to it in the Steema Software programs group, in the StartMenu.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy