TeeChart 2013.08 questions

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
GoToXY

TeeChart 2013.08 questions

Post by GoToXY » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi,
We bought TeeChart 8 long time ago and now its time for us to move from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE4/5. When i had some time to do some test to move to XE4 i notice that Version 8 wasnt working. I havent spent time trying to make it compatible so i got the Evalution of 2013.08 Pro.

I notice that the scrolling in that version is very very very slow. (Note that i used the same params as i was using with Version 8 to create and adjust the chart)
All i had to do once ive installed the 2013 version was to changed the uses for VclTee. and all ... or pretty much all, worked. (Can't remember what it was but since i dont remember it wasnt so much important i guess)

So, my big question is, is there a way to make TeeChart scroll be very more faster. We do have series with lots and lots of datas but Version 8 seems to handle those very more efficiency.
Now, when i try to scroll with the right button, TChart seems to became very buggy and seems to try to zoom of some kind.only way to be able to scroll is to zoom and then, if there isnt too much data, you can scroll.

We are Under Windows 7, I've tried the GDI,GDI+ or the buggy OpenGL and nothing really seems to change that (Maybe GDI+ is a bit slower)

So far, the only option i see, if we have to move to XE4/XE5 would be to recode the entire scrolling code from steema to make it more buffered. (So far, my guess is that only the client rect is drawed and buffered so once u try to scroll, the paint have to be done each X,Y movement, making scrolling with a big load of data kinda impossible.)

In the pass, you happen to enlight me so often on your Chart so i really hope you have a secret weapon that i could use to counter that issue. I wish i could do my test but since i only have the eval version with no code source, i cant do a thing.

Thanks for your support

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeChart 2013.08 questions

Post by Yeray » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi,

Do you have a simple example project reproducing the problem? I mean, an application scrolling fast in TeeChart 8 & Delphi 2010, but slow in TeeChart v2013.08 (also Delphi 2010?)
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

GoToXY

Post by GoToXY » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi

I just take some time yesterday after i posted that message and i finally found out what was the real issue.

It seems that the Mark Tips Tools take much longer to find points in the 2013 than the version 8. So what i did is to desactive the tool onmousedown and reactive it on mouseup.

So now, all is just fine.

BTW i found an error with the TQRChart, We tried to use the new options to Curve the line in a a TLineSeries (Smoothed) but it doesnt seems to be working in a TQRChart.
To reproduce the issue, just place a TQRChart, add a TLineSerie click smoothed, u wont see any difference, then uncheck it ull see them smoothed. If u try that running the application, u will never see the smoothed even if u enabled or disabled it.

Tomorrow my trial will be over so we will evaluate our needs and see if we moved.

Thanks again and continue your good work on a very good charting tool.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi,

In QRChart it seems this feature needs an extra repaint. This seems to work fine for me here:

Code: Select all

with QRChart1.Chart.AddSeries(TLineSeries) as TLineSeries do
  begin
    Smoothed:=true;
    FillSampleValues;
  end;
  QRChart1.Paint;
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy