TQR Chart with TeeChart Pro and QuickReport Pro

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
toreba

TQR Chart with TeeChart Pro and QuickReport Pro

Post by toreba » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi,

Having recently installed TeeChart Pro v2012 and QuickReport Pro v5.05 on Delphi XE2, the installation of TQRChart has once again turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. It is a nightmare every time, and I keep forgetting to remember the secret of success here.

So, my latest TeeChart installation delivers the expected files under \Steema Software\TeeChart 2012 for RAD XE2\Delphi16.win32\QuickReport. The instructions in the 'Install.txt' file refer only to QR v3 and 4, but the filenames all include 'QR5', so I hoped it'd all be fine.

Following the instructions, I first add the path to \Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\Quickrep505' to the compiler search path. I attempt to compile 'Tee9QR5D16.dpk'. I get these errors:

[DCC Fatal Error] QR5RunDXE2.dpk(1): E2225 Never-build package 'QR5RunDXE2' must be recompiled
[DCC Fatal Error] Tee9QR5D16.dpk(35): E2202 Required package 'QR5RunDXE2' not found

I rebuild QR5RunDXE2, first changing its 'required' reference 'Tee' to 'Tee916'.

But I cannot successfully recompile 'Tee9QR5D16.dpk' with the same two errors as above. So I think there remains some circularity of references somewhere.

Is there an up to date definitive set of instructions for installing TQRChart with these versions of TeeChart and QR?

Thanks very much

Trevor Cooper

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TQR Chart with TeeChart Pro and QuickReport Pro

Post by Yeray » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Trevor,

Find quite general instructions about how to modify, build and install the TeeChart integration into QuickReport in the QuickReport article here.

The error message you are getting indicating the QR5RunDXE2 package can't be found could mean QuickReport isn't correctly installed.
Have you checked QuickReport works fine alone in a new simple project (point #9 in the mentioned QuickReport article)?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

toreba

Post by toreba » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Yeray,

That document is very helpful and should I think be bundled with the TeeChart installation. Even then, though, these instructions don’t seem to be complete. For me, following the procedure exactly, it fails at step 23. I still have to remember that I need to go into the design-time package and change the reference from DclTee916 to DlcTeePro916. Step 15 talks about finding the correct QuickReport runtime library, but doesn’t mention finding the correct Tee runtime library. It’s easy to overlook this and get bogged down in unhelpful messages from Delphi.

It's working now though!

Thanks

Trevor Cooper

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 am

Hi Trevor,

I'm glad to hear you found it helpful and you could make it work.
I'll see if we can improve the document and replace the existing one shipped with the installation.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy