Run Time Chart Editor "Data Source" Missing Options

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
rgsolutions

Run Time Chart Editor "Data Source" Missing Options

Post by rgsolutions » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:50 pm

I have updated to the latest update for XE2, am compiling in C++, and I am using TeeChart in a DLL. Previously, I was able to see all the options available for the "Data Source" in my run time Chart Editor (which was dropped on a form). Now I can only get the "Manual", "Random", "Series", and "Function" options. I cannot get "Single Record", "Summary", "Dataset", "CrossTab", "Excel", "Text File", and "XML File" options that I could get previously. I do get all values at design time, but not run time.

In the past, this situation usually occurred because I was not including a unit in the link (pragma link statement). To try and resolve this, I looked at the examples for Single Record and Summary (to start with). I included all the units they did in the examples, but I still was not able to get any of the missing options added to the list. It appears that some unit(s) that I am not aware of is not being included in the linking process. As a result (since I use datasets), I can no longer construct or edit any type of chart report.

To be fair, this problem may also have been present in the previous update, but I know this was working earlier in the year, and it no longer does. Do you have any ideas of what may be going wrong?

Thanks,

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Run Time Chart Editor "Data Source" Missing Options

Post by Narcís » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:48 am

Hi rgsolutions,

You need to use a TDBChart component instead of a TChart component and add:

Code: Select all

#pragma link "VCLTee.DBEditCh"
Also, due to FMX, some editors are in different units than before so you may also need to add, for example:

Code: Select all

#pragma link "VCLTee.TeeDBCrossTabEditor"
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

rgsolutions

Re: Run Time Chart Editor "Data Source" Missing Options

Post by rgsolutions » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:16 pm

The '#pragma link "VCLTee.DBEditCh"' statement was the one that I was looking for and does solve the problem. Using your suggestion for Cross Tabs, I was able to find all the missing units and I now get all the missing options.

Thanks for the help.