Axis min/max

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
jsb

Axis min/max

Post by jsb » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi,

I've produced a TChart with a left, right and bottom axis. The bottom axis shows the scale just fine because it has multiple values associated with it. The left and right axes are giving me trouble. The left axis value remains 0, as expected, for every bottom axis value. The right axis, however, produces a different value for each bottom axis value. I would expect, at least, that I would be able to see min and max values on the right axis. I've tried setting

chart.rightaxis.automatic := true;
and
chart.rightaxis.setminmax(lowval, highval)

I've also done the following to no avail:
chart.leftaxis.setminmax(-1,1)

Neither bit of code produces min/max values on right axis. See image:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (51.44 KiB) Viewed 2287 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Axis min/max

Post by Yeray » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Hello,

I assume your two series use the bottom axis, as per default. How have you set the vertical axes? One series with the left axis and the other with the right axis?
Note that the axes, when automatic, calculate their min and max considering the values in the series associated to them. This means, if one series is set to use left axis, this axis doesn't care about the values on the other series.
Of course I'm not sure if the problem is this. It would be helpful if you could arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy