Extended Functions Not Available

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
john_nordyke

Extended Functions Not Available

Post by john_nordyke » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 pm

After following advice I found here regarding a clean install (removed all teechart from Delphi XE), I reinstalled TeeChart VCL 2010 For Delphi XE. The 'simple' TeeChart series and functions work correctly, but those that require Curvfitt, etc. do not work - the IDE indicates it cannot find Curvfitt, for example. Any ideas?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Extended Functions Not Available

Post by Yeray » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Hello John,
john_nordyke wrote:I reinstalled TeeChart VCL 2010 For Delphi XE
Is this a TeeChart Pro or Standard?
Please, tell us what exact TeeChart version are you trying to install (v2010.01, v2010.02, v2011.03).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

john_nordyke

Post by john_nordyke » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm sorry, I am inexperienced and did not know what details to include.
My operating system is Windows XP, Build 2600 with Service Pack 3
My Delphi is Embarcadero Delphi XE Version 15.0.3953.35171 with Update 1
My Tee Chart install is TChart Pro version 2010.02.20202 Win 32

The machine I installed on already had RAD Studio 2008 with Tee Chart Pro version 7.08 on it when I installed the Delphi XE and new Tee Chart Pro. At first, I thought perhaps the problem was the previous installation, so I removed and uninstalled the Tee Chart Pro version 7.08 and then reinstalled the version 2010. As I said before, all the components for TeeChart, TeeTree, and TeeMaker show up as expected in the IDE, and simple TCharts and DBCharts work fine in new projects. Most function series also work fine, but any series that requires the 'CurvFitt' unit fails, as the code under "uses" of the form show that CurvFitt is not found, and the compiler gives the error, F1026 File not found: 'CurvFitt.dcu'

The CurvFitt.dcu file exists only at the path: C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2010 for Delphi 2011\Delphi15\Lib, with a size of 17,336 bytes, and a Mod date of 2/2/2011

The DclTeePro915.bpl package is found at the path: C:\Program FIles\Steema Software\TeeChart 2010 for Delphi 2011\Delphi15\Bin\DclTeePro915.bpl, and that is the location of the design package when I look at Componet-->Install Packages in Delphi, where the package is selected.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Hello John,

Then, the problem seems to be that the IDE can't find the CurvFitt.dcu.
Please check that the "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2010 for Delphi 2011\Delphi15\Lib" path is in the IDE library path list with no project opened (Tools/Options.../Environment Options/Delphi Options/Library/Library path) and check it is on the top of the list.
Check also if the problem occurs in a new simple application or only in old projects. If the problem happens only in old projects, the problem could be remaining references to the old TeeChart packages. Close the project, edit the project files manually (with notepad or similar) and correct any wrong reference on them.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy