2010 Installation Problem?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MikeBeachBum

2010 Installation Problem?

Post by MikeBeachBum » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 pm

I have been happily using v 8 pro and just bought the upgrade to 2010. The installation seemed to go fine, but when I try to bring up RAD Studio 2010 (C++) it says "Can't load package C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2010 for Delphi 2010\Delphi14\Bin\DclTeePro914.bpl. Cannot load package Tee914. It contains unit 'TeeAbout', which is also contained in package Tee814'.

When I look at "Component | Install Packages" I don't see Tee814 in the list. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

MikeBeachBum

Re: 2010 Installation Problem?

Post by MikeBeachBum » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Argh! This is so frustrating! There is no doubt that I am doing something stupid here, but I cannot figure it out. So I went to the control panel and uninstalled all the TeeChart versions I have for BDS2010. I uninstalled TeeChart Pro 2010. I rebooted my machine. I installed TeeChart Pro 2010. I get the same error. With no project loaded, the TeeChart Pro 2010 is unchecked in the component list. Checking it results in the error "TeeAbout is in Tee814 blah blah blah...". So I search my entire disk for Tee814. And find one in C:\Windows\System32. Ah ha! So I delete that one. And when I try to run BDS2010 it says that it can't start because Tee814.bpl cannot be found. How on earth did my system get in this state? Why does it need Tee814 to even start the compiler? Any help would be sincerely appreciated!!!

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Hello,

We've answered this by mail but I'll post it also here if it helps other customers.

It's quite strange. For some reason it seems that the v8 isn't correctly uninstalled or at least the IDE still tries to load it.
You could try to reinstall it, yes the v8, and uninstall it. Please follow these steps:
- Uninstall any TeeChart. Simply run the TeeInstall.exe from the installation path (with the IDE closed).
- If you have copied or moved any TeeChart file from your TeeChart installation to the IDE installation, remove/backup those files.
- Open the IDE and check the packages list, the library list, search path and include path. Remove any remainiing TeeChart reference you find in the IDE.
- Close the IDE and reopen it. Does it show any error? Can you see any TeeChart component in the palette if you create a new project?

At this point, it should be possible to install any TeeChart without problems. But as you say you still have problems with v8, lets try reinstall and reremove it:
- With the IDE closed, install TeeChart Pro 8. Open the IDE and check it works fine in a new simple application.
- Close the IDE, uninstall TeeChart Pro v8 (running TeeInstall.exe is enough).
- Open the IDE and check it is clean (packages list, library path,...).
- Then try to install TeeChart v2010 with the IDE closed.

When I talk about the package list, in RAD Studio 2010 (with no project opened) it is at "Project/Default Options/Delphi" or "Project/Default Options/C++Builder":
moz-screenshot-9.png
moz-screenshot-9.png (80.18 KiB) Viewed 13584 times
When I talk about library path, search path, include path... I meant the lists in "Tools/Options...":
moz-screenshot-13.png
moz-screenshot-13.png (66.57 KiB) Viewed 13573 times
moz-screenshot-12.png
moz-screenshot-12.png (66.39 KiB) Viewed 13571 times
If the problem remains or you find any error you can't solve at any step, please don't hesitate to let us know.
I hope it helps.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

redrag

Post by redrag » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Mike

I have the same problem, see my email to Steema

I have attempted to load Teechart Pro 2010 again this morning.

This time the install proceeded and ostensibly appeared to have installed.

I started up Delphi 2010 and there were no components on the Teechart Std tab, but no other Teechart components were evident.

I opened "install packages" and ticked "Teechart Pro 2010 Components" to get the following error

"Cannot load package 'Tee8140.' It contains unit 'TeeAbout, 'which is also contained in package 'Tee914' "

I have been able to tick "TeeTree 2 Components" without error,
shut down delphi ,
restarted delphi.
opened "install packages" and ticked "Teechart Pro 2010 Components" this time without error
shut down delphi ,
restarted delphi
Teechart appears as a tab on the component bar, but none of the components have a differentiating icon/glyph (see below);
How do I add the image here
Worse yet, is that when I open projects created using the Teechart Std V8 components shipped with Delphi 2010 I get the error
How do I add the image here
"Cannot load package 'Tee8140'. It contains unit 'TeeAbout' which is also contained in package 'Tee914' . Ignore the errror blah blah etc

Please advise how to resolve this problem as soon as possible, as I can neither develop new programs, nor bug fix/update existing products.

Many thanks

Rob

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Rob,

I think your IDE is still loading TeeChart v8 Standard, the version shipped with the IDE.
I'd recommend you to check the packages list in your IDE and uninstall it manually if present.
Then, you should be able to install TeeChart v2010 manually, selecting it in the same list.
Please, do this with no project loaded and check if the component works fine creating a new project. If a new project works, but not an old one, the problem may be in a wrong reference to Tee8140 in the project files, and you should correct it for Tee914. Open the project files with notepad or similar and search for "tee". Then if you find any reference to TeeChart 8, update it for a TeeChart v2010 (aka 9) reference.

To post pictures in this forum, you can do it through the post attachments. See the "Upload attachment" option in the bottom of the page when you write a post.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Wilco France

Post by Wilco France » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:17 am

Hi

I have the same problem with installing VCL teechart on Delphi 2010.

I tryied to uninstall and reinstall, it does not work.

whatever i do, i have the error message : Cannot load package Tee914. It contains unit 'TeeAbout', which is also contained in package Tee814

Please help,
Thank ina dvance for your replies,

Wilco

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi Wilco,
Wilco France wrote:I have the same problem with installing VCL teechart on Delphi 2010.

I tryied to uninstall and reinstall, it does not work.

whatever i do, i have the error message : Cannot load package Tee914. It contains unit 'TeeAbout', which is also contained in package Tee814
Have you tried to follow the instructions just above your post?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software