How to "reset" theme

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
wiggum

How to "reset" theme

Post by wiggum » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:25 am

I have encountered a problem switching themes at run-time. It can be illustrated with the demo program:

1. Select the "Chart Themes" group.

2. First, select the "BlackIsBlack" theme.

3. Select the "Facts" theme. Now, the legend text/marks label text is not visible.

4. Select the "BlackIsBlack" theme again.

5. Legend text is now visible again, but not the marks label text, but the chart background is not black!

So, how can one "reset" all colors/settings to the default before applying a new theme?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to "reset" theme

Post by Yeray » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi wiggum,

I've seen that some of themes change the marks/legend color or gradient while other themes don't so they changing from one theme to another, may cause a theme to use marks/legend properties set for another.
I've added it to the wish list to be revised in future releases (TV52015154).

Of course you always can manually enable/disable marks/legend gradient, the GridBandTool added in the Facts theme,...
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

KevinKillion

Post by KevinKillion » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:44 pm

The inability to "un-apply" or reset a theme is a serious problem that substantially reduces the utility of this otherwise valuable feature.

Some notes:

* Choice of some themes appears to set some properties that are not set by other themes. Some examples:

* "Facts" sets back wall to alternating horizontal bars (like green bar paper, but in grey and white)
but this is not cleared by any other themes

* "Classic", "BlackIsBack", "Blues" set legend color but some others do not, so it leaves setting in place
from previous theme

* Not clear what properties are being set by application of themes, so it's a challenge to determine how to set some properties of certain objects after a theme has been applied. Example:

* "Business" (but not some others) sets back wall transparency to "true",
so subsequent attempts to set back wall color with
a simple assignment of color will fail

These problems make the ChartThemeSelector extremely problematic at runtime. The user can't just try out different themes because each trial leaves artifacts not cleared by the next attempt.

ChartThemeSelector needs a few other tweaks as well:

* One of the available themes is "TeeChart Default". The user shouldn't be seeing the "TeeChart" name.

* The "Color palette" popup doesn't appear to do anything.

* It appears that the purpose of the "Scale" checkbox is purely to be able to better observe
what the effect of the theme is upon the chart while this dialog is in use, without affecting
the chart itself. Correct? If so, the label "Scale" seems inadequate to explain this to the user.

Thank you for considering this!

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:22 am

Hello Kevin Killion,

I inform you that I have increased priority of the wish number ( TV52015154).

On the other hand, I could not reproduce this:
The "Color palette" popup doesn't appear to do anything.
Could you please, explain us exactly which steps we are following for reproduce this problem?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum