help integration in RAD Studio 2009

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Andrew

help integration in RAD Studio 2009

Post by Andrew » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:59 pm

I notice that TeeChart 2010 only comes with .hlp and .chm files. Where are the Microsoft Help (.HxC, .HxS, .HxT etc) formatted files required to integrate the help into RAD Studio?

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: help integration in RAD Studio 2009

Post by Marc » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:59 am

Hello,

We've placed an installer for HTML Help v2 format files on the TeeChart VCL download page, http://www.steema.com/download/vcl.

Please note that presently there is no installer for these files, we'll prepare one. In the meantime you could use Helpware's Far tool (see http://www.helpware.net )to plug the TeeChart help collection to the RAD Studio help.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:00 am

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the help files. I managed to install them into RAD Studio 2009, but there are some problems:

1. You need to remove references to DTD files when building a help collection otherwise they don't install properly. See http://helpware.net/mshelp2/h2tutorial.htm#dtd for details on this. I had to manually change the hxc file to remove the DTD section before the help would install.
2. Some images seem to be missing - see 'teechart help.jpg' in the attached file. The help seems to be referencing ms-help://embarcadero.rs2009/TeeChartVCL2010.rs2009/TeeChartVCL2010/Library/readonly.gif and published.gif, but those files don't exist in TeeChartVCL2010.HxS.
3. When looking at the index, each class has a section named 0events, 0methods and 0properties. This may be by design but seems odd. See 'teechart help.jpg' in the attachment.
4. No TeeChart sections appear under the Contents tab - I'm assuming this is by design.
5. I haven't managed to work out how to get filtering working - even though a filter is registered successfully, when I try to filter to just show TeeChart topics, nothing appears. See 'teechart filter not working.jpg'. I assume this is because I have the filter query wrong in my h2reg ini file ("DocSet"="TeeChart VCL 2010"), or that no attributes have been associated with the individual topics.

As I mentioned, I managed to hack together an ini file which I used to register the help file using the h2reg application which is shipped with RAD Studio. You can do it with this command (it assumes the help files are in the same directory as the ini file):

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\Help\Doc\H2Reg" -R "cmdfile=c:\dev\TeeChartVCL2010.ini"
Cheers,

Andrew
Attachments
teechart files.7z
(307.47 KiB) Downloaded 384 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:59 am

Hi Andrew,

We haven't forgotten you. We'll answer you asap.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy