Problem after installing 8.06

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
JonRobertson

Problem after installing 8.06

Post by JonRobertson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:17 pm

New Delphi 2009 install
New TeeChart Pro 8.06 install

After installing, the following three Tee*.dcu files are still in my \Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib\debug folder:
TeeFilters.dcu
TeeFiltersEditor.dcu
TeeStore.dcu

When trying to build an existing project, I get the error:
[DCC Fatal Error] uDashChart.pas(9): F2051 Unit TeeFilters was compiled with a different version of TeCanvas.TCustomTeeGradient

My "Backup_TeeChart" folder has these three files already. Both sets of files have the same date/time (01/14/2009 02:03 PM), leading me to believe all of these files were installed as part of Delphi (likely Update 3). I believe the TeeChart Pro installer is failing to make backups of both sets ("lib" and "debug").

Further, before the installer was finished, Windows displayed the message "This program might not have installed correctly". Based on my experience with Windows installers, I believe this may have been caused by the attempt to move these three files into the "Backup_TeeChart" folder, which failed, caused an error in the installer, and resulted in this message from Windows. But that's just my guess. :)

I created a "debug" folder under "Backup_TeeChart", moved those three files from "lib\debug" to "lib\Backup_TeeChart\debug", and now my project compiles.

Jon

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem after installing 8.06

Post by Narcís » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi Jon,

Yes, those files belong to the TeeChart version shipped with Delphi. This is a known issue (TV52014507) which we fixed for the next maintenance release.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum