Fibonacci - Horizontal lines

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ronaldohp

Fibonacci - Horizontal lines

Post by ronaldohp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:36 pm

I would like the Fibonacci tool create horizontal lines, parallels to the X axis, how are the number of levels, parallel to the X axis. It would be as follows:

1 - click the mouse on the start point
2 - drag the mouse until the end point
3 - by dragging the mouse, the Fibonacci lines will be built parallel to the X axis
4 - it is unnecessary to draw a trend line connecting the initial point to end point. Should be designed only lines fibonacci.
4 - fibonacci lines should form a unique figure like a box. This box, when selected, should allow drag lines to any point in the graph.

See an example in http://br.advfn.com/p.php?pid=charts&symbol=BOV% 5EPETR4 & redir = 1

Choose the Fibonacci retracement

I hope my explanation was clear.

Thanks

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fibonacci - Horizontal lines

Post by Yeray » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi ronaldohp,

I'm afraid that the link you posted seems to be incorrect. Could you please verify it?

Regarding the explanation. I think that ou are trying to do something similar to the Fibonacci retracement that is ready for the next TeeChart VCL v9 that we hope will be ready soon. If you want to do that with v8 it should be possible but you'll have to draw the lines manually calling Chart's canvas methods at OnAfterDraw event.
Also note that you'll need to use OnMouseDown and OnMouseUp (and maybe OnMouseMove if you want the fibonacci lines to be drawn also when dragging) to retrieve the necessary information to calculate the fibonacci levels.
And of course you'll need to use axis CalcPosPoint to convert from the pixels values given in that events to the values of your series.

If you have problems with it, please try to explain us where are you exactly finding troubles.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

ronaldohp

Re: Fibonacci - Horizontal lines

Post by ronaldohp » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Yeray,

Thanks for the answers. They have been very useful. I need examples of the use of TeeChart (eg draw multiple lines, select them, stretch them, to link them all to select all at the same time, remove them, etc.) in order to study them. In TeeNews not have basic examples, so has examples of work the tools ready.

Thanks