QuickReport407PD2007 and TeeChart7.11Delphi2007 integration

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:18 am

Hi KymaNorway,
...and then I got the following error messages:
* Project Project1.exe raised exception class EReadError with message 'Property Gradient does not exist'.
* Project Project1.exe raised exception class EReadError with message 'Error reading Chart1.BackWall.Gradient.EndColor: Property Gradient does not exist'.
* Error reading Chart1.BackWall.Gradient.EndColor: Property Gradient does not exist.
Please read this thread about the same problem.
As a test I also added a "TChatrEditor" Component. Which gave me the following compilation error:
[Pascal Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'TeeEdit.dcu'
This is a search path issue as well. You should make sure that the path of that file is at Project -> Options -> Directories/Conditionals -> Search Path.
Please assist me on this problem, and also update your installation instructions if needed.
There's not much difference in the instructions what only changes are file names. For example, instructions for Delphi 2006 and v7 Std would vary from step 11 to 22:

Open Project "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Standard 7 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\QuickReport\Tee7QR4D10.dpk" choosing "Delphi for Win32" when prompted.

Remove QR4RunD10.dcp from Requires list and add "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\QuickRep\bpl\QR4runD2006.dcp".

Build the project, Save All and Close All.

Open Project "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Standard 7 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\QuickReport\DclTee7QR4D10.dpk" choosing "Delphi for Win32" when prompted.

Build the project, Save All and Close All.
I planned to try Teechart8 as it is now available as a release version. However, I noticed that it is missing from my customer download page. Do I have to pay for upgrading from ver7 to ver8? Do you know how much it costs?
TeeChart Pro v8 VCL upgrade from v7 is a paid upgrade. You'll find pricing information and can already order the upgrade at http://www.steema.com/ordering/order_tchpro8vcl_u.shtml.
Is it compatible with Delphi2006 and Quickreport? I read at these forums that a person said it is only available for Delphi2007...
Yes, TeeChart Pro v8 VCL supports Delphi 2006 as well. It almost supports the same Delphi versions as v7.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

KymaNorway

Post by KymaNorway » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:23 pm

I tried what that forum thread said, and deleted some old Teechart files. However they turned out not to be old, and I got even more error messages. So I decided to do another reinstall. First I uninstalled everything, and did a search on my C: for "tee" and deleted every file which looked like a Teechart file. I also removed all references I could find to TeeChart in Delphi.

Then I Installed Teechart on the default path. But when opening Delphi2006 after the installation, there was no Teechart components. I tried the "Recompile" program which came with the installation and it added the Teechart components. So now Teechart is working.

I am now on step 11, where I am supposed to open a package. However the package is not there.

In : "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 7.12 Full Source Code" There are only these folders: "Sources" and "TeeTree". Oh, and also the folder which I made in step 10 of the installation.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:32 pm

Hi KymaNorway,

You should have those packages in the source code folder. Anyway, I've sent you an e-mail with the packages to your forums e-mail address.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:58 pm

Hi

If you are not refusing to answer my questions then here they are again as they are still unanswered:-

I have installed all programs on my pc in their default installations and accepted all the default options during installation, so there should be nothing special about the configuration of my pc (Windows XP SP2).

A) I tried to follow your instructions, but have mentioned the problems I had when trying to do so e.g. unclear instructions and files in different locations (why does this occur if we are using the same programs and the same defaults?).

B) Also, in the case of Quickreport , some needed files were not being installed at all and the Quickreport producers acknowledged this to be a bug and have issued a bug fix( - so how did you manage to get these files produced?).

C) At the end, when I tried to build, something was preventing the output files being put in the specified directories. The directories definitely existed and I could manually put files into them. I have done some further investigation and discovered that it is common in Windows XP, for directories to have a read-only attribute (a red square in the properties sheet), but apparently this does not mean that the directory is read only. I have checked with friends and their directories are similarly marked, so this is nothing to do with the problem, I had when building. My suspicion, is that it is something to do with Delphi2007, because when I cleared the output paths etc which meant that the default paths were used instead, then everything was built as it should be.

D) By the way, despite asking 2 or 3 times, you have still not told me whether I should have set the paths in just the release configuration, just the debug configuration or in both configurations.

That is at least 4 unanswered sets of questions. There may well be more if you check back on my posts.

KymaNorway

finished the installation

Post by KymaNorway » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:45 am

I have now finished the installation instructions from Yeray. I was very pleased at first that I finally finished without any errors, and with well explained instructions (except that some paths was not the same). So I was sure everything was ok.

However, when testing it, it did not work.
I added a "TQuickRep" Component and a "TQRChart" Component to a new "VCL Forms Application". When compiling I got the error message:
"[Pascal Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'QrTee.dcu'". I searched my C drive for that file, and found it in the newly installed: "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 7.12 Full Source Code\Delphi10\QuickReport\compiled".

Now I tried to add the folder to "Project->Options->Direcories/Conditionals->Search Path", and then tried to compile. Giving me this error message:
[Pascal Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): F2051 Unit QrTee was compiled with a different version of QuickRpt.TQRPrintable

So, still no luck in installing TeeChart/Quickreport.

KymaNorway

note

Post by KymaNorway » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:36 am

btw, I did not use the files sent to me, as I found them in the source folder as instructed. Assumed the files sent to be a backup solution.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:52 am

Hi Gertrude,
A) I tried to follow your instructions, but have mentioned the problems I had when trying to do so e.g. unclear instructions and files in different locations (why does this occur if we are using the same programs and the same defaults?).
It is very difficult for us being able to make exact instructions for every Operating System, Delphi/C++ Builder, Quick Report and TeeChart combinations users can have. Also, several installing and usage factors can make environments different from other similar installations. So, instructions for this process may slightly vary for each case. That's why we haven't arranged more specific instructions as you requested even we tried for your case. At some stage of this process it also helps user knowledge on how Delphi/C++ Builder package installation works. We are aware that working with Delphi package dependencies is quite tricky but I'm afraid there's not much more we can do on that aspect.
B) Also, in the case of Quickreport , some needed files were not being installed at all and the Quickreport producers acknowledged this to be a bug and have issued a bug fix( - so how did you manage to get these files produced?).
I've checked with Yeray Alonso that the Quick Report installer we used didn't have this problem. The version we used is Quick Report Pro v4.07 for Delphi 2007, the file name is QR407PD2007.EXE and was created on 14th April 2007. You may want to check this again with QuickReport manufacturers but in your case you may need to manually compile Quick Report packages to generate such files and manually install QR packages into your IDE.
C) At the end, when I tried to build, something was preventing the output files being put in the specified directories. The directories definitely existed and I could manually put files into them. I have done some further investigation and discovered that it is common in Windows XP, for directories to have a read-only attribute (a red square in the properties sheet), but apparently this does not mean that the directory is read only. I have checked with friends and their directories are similarly marked, so this is nothing to do with the problem, I had when building. My suspicion, is that it is something to do with Delphi2007, because when I cleared the output paths etc which meant that the default paths were used instead, then everything was built as it should be.
During our installation process we didn't have such problem either and that's why we didn't include related instructions. As I told you in my reply to point A, this may vary for each environment combination. Also notice that we used Windows 2003 Server Enterprise for those tests. So some opearting system variations may influence here as well.
D) By the way, despite asking 2 or 3 times, you have still not told me whether I should have set the paths in just the release configuration, just the debug configuration or in both configurations.

By default it is in debug mode and that's what we used. However, using release mode would be enough unless you want to debug the packages during its execution.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:56 am

Hi KymaNorway,
Now I tried to add the folder to "Project->Options->Direcories/Conditionals->Search Path", and then tried to compile. Giving me this error message:
[Pascal Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): F2051 Unit QrTee was compiled with a different version of QuickRpt.TQRPrintable

This error indicates there's still crossed version references. Please read this topic on how another client solved this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

KymaNorway

Post by KymaNorway » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:24 am

Thanks for all your help so far!

I was going to do what you instructed me. However, I just wanted to try making a new project once more.

I startet Delphi, Created a new VCL Application Forms, added a TQuickRep component and tried to add a TQRChart. This gace me the following 2 error messages:
---------------------------
bds.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because TeeQR710.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
OK

Error
Can't load package C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 7.12 Full Source Code\Sources\Compiled\Delphi10\Bin\DclTQR710.bpl.
The specified module could not be found.
OK Details >>

I do not understand why I got these messages as it worked fine a few hours ago. I have not done any configuration changes to Delphi.

Now I just went one step back. I want to fix this before proceeding to the instructions you just gave me.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:37 am

Hi KymaNorway,

This is most likely a paths issue as well. Search for those files in your hard drive and add their paths on TOP of the Search Path list at Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals. After that go to the packages tab in Project->Options and enable TeeChart packages for Quick Report and check the left-bottom "Default" checkbox.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Steema Software

KymaNorway

Post by KymaNorway » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:22 am

I tried doing what you said, and now my search paths are (in this order):
1. C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 7.12 Full Source Code\Sources\Compiled\Delphi10\Bin
2. C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 7.12 Full Source Code\Delphi10\QuickReport\compiled
3. C:\Program Files\Borland\3part\QuickRep
4. C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 7.12 Full Source Code\Delphi10\QuickReport

Teechart 7 for Quickreport is selected unders "packages" and I've pressed "Default".

I do still have the same problem.

I have done some more testing, and noticed this(PS: Using a New VCL Forms Application):
- If I add a TQRChart, I got the errormessages, and TQRChart dissappears from the list, I have to restart Delphi for it to appear again.
- If I add any component from TeeChart, ie. "TChartEditor", I get the same errormessages and TQRChart dissapears. The other TeeChart components are still there. If I try once more to add a component, it works. So everything excpet TQRChart seems to work (except that it gives me errormessages).
- Adding any other components works with no problems at all.

No progress at all. Do you guys have MSN or IRC or some other instant chat program? ... Would make this troubleshooting much easier.

KymaNorway

Post by KymaNorway » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:24 am

Forgot to mention...

I found the 2 files from the error messages 2 places.

C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 7.12 Full Source Code\Sources\Compiled\Delphi10\Bin
C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 7.12 Full Source Code\Delphi10\QuickReport\compiled

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:26 am

Hi KymaNorway,

I've written (and followed) instructions for your environment: TeeChart Pro v7.12 for Delphi 2006 + QuickReport v4.07
  • 1. Uninstall old teechart with BDS 2006 closed.
    2. Uninstall old quickreport with BDS 2006 closed.

After unistalling, I suggest to do a search at the TeeChart path, the BDS path and even at system32 path. Search for the strings "tee" and then "qr" and remove/backup the files you find from previous TeeChart/QuickReport installations.

3. Open BDS 2006 and test it by creating a new vcl forms application and running the empty form by pressing F9.
    4. Close BDS 2006 and install QuickReport (QR407PD2006.EXE).
    5. Add package "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\QuickRep\bpl\QR4DesignD2006.bpl" by Component->Install Packages... and clicking Add...
    6. Ensure that the search path "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\QuickRep" is on your Search path at Project->Default Options->Delphi for Win32->Directories/Conditionals and if it's not present, add it.
    7. Test a Delphi project with a QuickReport in a form.
    8. Install TeeChart7.12Delphi2006.exe
    9. Add the Include Search Path "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\Include" at Project->Default Options->C++Builder->C++Compiler (bcc32)->Paths And Defines
    10. Test a C++Builder project with a Chart in a form and then the same for a Delphi project.

Now let's get ready to compile tqr for Delphi.
    11. Open Project "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\QuickReport\Tee7QR4D10.dpk" choosing "Delphi for Win32" when prompted.
    12. Create a new folder called "compiledd" at "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\QuickReport"
    13. Set "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\QuickReport\compiledd" path as "Output directory", "Unit output directory" and "DCP output directory" at Project->Options...->Directories/Conditionals->Directories/Conditionals
    14. Remove the file QR4RunD10.dcp from Requires list (Right click at the file and "Remove from project") and add the correct requires "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\QuickRep\bpl\QR4runD2006.dcp" (by right clicking at Requires and clicking "Add Reference...").
    15. Build the project, Save All and Close All.
    16. Open Project "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\QuickReport\DclTee7QR4D10.dpk" choosing "Delphi for Win32" when prompted.
    17. Set "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\QuickReport\compiledd" path as "Output directory", "Unit output directory" and "DCP output directory" at Project->Options...->Directories/Conditionals->Directories/Conditionals
    18. Remove DclTee710.dcp from Requires list and add "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\Lib\DclTeePro710.dcp".
    19. Build the project, Save All and Close All.

Now you sould have everything you need compiled.
    20. Copy the files DclTee7QR4D10.bpl and Tee7QR4D10.bpl from "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\QuickReport\compiledd" to "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Bin"
    21. Add package "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Bin\DclTee7QR4D10.bpl" to the by Component->Install Packages... and clicking Add...
    22. Add "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2006\Delphi10\QuickReport\compiledd" to the Search path at Project->Default Options->Delphi for Win32->Directories/Conditionals
    23. Test a Delphi project with a TQRChart.
Note that I've created a folder named compiledd because there are two versions of QuickReport for BDS 2006, one for Delphi and another one for c++ Builder so I have to think in the possibility to compile TQR for both cases.

I hope it helps and if you are not able to run it, tell us and we'll make any necessary adjustments.
Last edited by Yeray on Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

KymaNorway

Post by KymaNorway » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:12 am

I have now tried installing QuickReport4.07 and Teechart7.12 on Delphi2006 once again with the latest installation instructions. To make sure I did not miss any details, I invited my coworker to do the installation while I was watching.

We did however not manage to follow your instructions 100%. Here's the small changes we had to do:
- at step 6, we failed to make a QuickReport on a form, saying that some dcu files were missing. So we added "C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\QuickRep" as a default search path.
- at step 7 we got an installation error. Some file was missing.
- we skipped step 9 and half step 10 as we are not going to use the c-compiler.
- at step 12 we made a "compiled" folder instead of "compiledd", assumed this to be a typo.
- at step 14 we got an error message saying "
Another file with the same base name (C:\Program Files\Borland\bds\4.0\bin\QR4RunD2006.dcp) is already on the search path.
So we couldn't add it.
- at step 15 when building the project, we got a message that some files had to be included to build the project. We accepted this and continued.

At first I got the same error message as I had on this computer, then I copied the bpl files from Teechart folder to BDS/BIN folder, and now I got a new error message:
I tried installing it on my lapotop computer and it works, It does still not work on my stationary computer, which I need as it is my primary computer.

Thanks again for your support!

KymaNorway

Post by KymaNorway » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:45 pm

I have done some more testing on my laptop(which I assumed was working ok) now.

When creating a new project qith a TQuickRep and a TQRChart it works fine. But when opening an old project I get the same error as on my stationary machine:
F2051 Unit QrTee was compiled with a different version of QuickRpt.TQRPrintable<
Conclusion: it still does not work.