Real Time Chart

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Command Alkon

Real Time Chart

Post by Command Alkon » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:57 am

Hi,

I was wondering if a TChart component can be used for real time chart display which is updating every second. I am making an app which monitors incoming and outgoing data every second and shows a real time chart of bytes sent and received.

If possible which Series should I use..?

These are the preferred functions.
Any given time last 60 seconds of data is to be visible.
It should scroll as time goes by showing last 60 seconds only.
Time is on X Axis and Bytes sent and received are on Y axis.

What properties should I set for the chart and/or seried to make above happening..?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :)

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:22 am

Hi,

Yes, TeeChart can do real-time charts. Here you'll find an excelent article about using TeeChart for real-time charting. If after reading it any of your questions is still unanswered please feel free to post them here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Command Alkon

Post by Command Alkon » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:48 pm

Narcís,

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is what I did.

Started a new application. Dropped a chart component and I ran the program and saw a form with chart on it.

Then I added a FastLineSeries and run the program again and I get the error even before I can see the form. Follwoing is the error.

Exception EReadError in module Project1.exe at 0001A752.
Error reading Series1.Marks.Callout.Brush.Color: Property Callout does not exists.

I press OK and the app dies. I haven't added any code from the page link you posted. I am using TeeChart 7 with Report Builder 7.04

Any idea..?

Command Alkon

Post by Command Alkon » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:05 am

OK fixed the above problem by reinstalling the TeeChart. Damn I should have thought that before.

So now I can see the chart being generated in real time but the scroll bar wont work and the chart goes out of chart boundry. I think I am missing something really small to make the whole thing work.

I would like to it to automatically scroll when it reaches the right edge and then continue along scrolling with it.

I appreciate the time you are devoting to help other.

Cheers,

Nirav
Last edited by Command Alkon on Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:29 am

Hi Nirav,

I've modified your project so that it works and posted it at [url]news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments[/url] newsgroup.

The problem it not scrolling was that even your bottom axis ranged from 0 to 10000, your XValues easily reached the 10000 value and thus were displayed out of the axis range. However it didn't scrolled because it took some time to generate 10000 points (see the form1 caption which shows you the number of points generated).
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Command Alkon

Post by Command Alkon » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:06 am

Thanks a lot Narcis. That pretty much solved all the problems creating a proto type I was doing.

Again your help is much appreciated :)