ShowEditor does not display

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
KTB

ShowEditor does not display

Post by KTB » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:15 pm

I am having a problem with the TeeChart v7.0.0.2 activex control. When I execute TeeChart.ShowEditor(-1) or attempt to access the Editor by rightclicking on the control in design time the Editor dialog will not appear on my screen. However, it does appear on my task bar. This was not happening last week. I am suspicious that the dialog is being displayed with coordinates that are beyond the screen. Is there some sort of windows registry setting for this? This is happening in both VFP 9 and VB 6.
TIA

Ken

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:35 pm

Hi Ken,

Yes, you could try setting Left and Top values at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro\Editor.

BTW: Please notice that last version available is v7.0.0.4.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

KTB

Post by KTB » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:12 pm

OK, I downloaded & installed version 7.0.0.4, and also adjusted the TOP and LEFT values to 1 so now the ShowEditor(-1) call works.

However, now when I attemp to access the editr via rightclicking on the chart in design mode, the editor appears but is blankas if the chartlink is not being set. Any registry setting that effects that?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:00 am

Hi,

strange, does this happens using vb ? It's working fine here, simply adding a tChart to the form an using the following code :

Code: Select all

Private Sub TChart1_OnMouseDown(ByVal Button As TeeChart.EMouseButton, ByVal Shift As TeeChart.EShiftState, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long)
If Button = mbRight Then
    TChart1.ShowEditor (-1)
End If
End Sub
Could you please post a simple example into the news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup so I can reproduce the problem here ?
Also, have you tried to add a TeeEditor Component into the form and assign it to the Chart using the ChartLink property and the callig the editor using :
TeeEditor.ShowEditor
Does this works fine ?

KTB

Post by KTB » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:48 pm

After investigating this further I have found that it is only occuring on this one VFP form, so we can close this issue. Thanks.