Series-function problem LoadChartFromFile / SaveChartToFile

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ghisa

Series-function problem LoadChartFromFile / SaveChartToFile

Post by ghisa » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:00 pm

Hello!

I have three Series in my chart with data (dynamic). Now I add a new Series with Data Source "Function" (in the editor). Then I add the function "Copy" for example, my three Series as "Source Series" (in the editor). When I click the button "Apply", the function is visible in my chart. That's ok.

But if I save the chart to a file with "SaveChartToFile" and then load the chart with "LoadChartFromFile", I have the following problem:

After loading the chart, I clear all values, because I have to load them dynamic. And now, the function disappears. If I take a look in the editor, the "Data Source" for my series (saved as Copy-function) is set to manual and not to "Function".

Why does the chart lost the function and how could I execute the saved function, with the new added values to the series 1-3?

Thank you for your help!!

Nice day,
Gustav

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:12 am

Hi Gustav,

When importing/exporting charts datasources are not saved, data can be saved but not datasources. When importing the chart you'll have to reassign your datasources programmatically. For more information on how to work with TeeChart functions you can have a look at "Tutorial 7 - Working with functions". You'll find tutorials at TeeChart documentation folder.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

ghisa

Post by ghisa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:37 am

Hi Narcis!

Thank you very much! :-)
Will there be a way, to save datasources in the future? That would be a nice feature.

THX a lot!

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:31 am

Hi Gustav,

You're welcome!

I can't tell you for sure if or when will be fixed but it is already in our defect list to be fixed for future releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum