Install problem w/ Delphi 7 (Build 8.1) & Quick Report 4

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Thomas Klingler
Advanced

Install problem w/ Delphi 7 (Build 8.1) & Quick Report 4

Post by Thomas Klingler » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:22 pm

I have checked out your article link for manually installing the TChart packages after a QuickReports Upgrade (http://www.teechart.net/support/modules ... cle&sid=13). Unfortunately, if you get a compile error it says ' Now click the "Compile" button. The package should compile correctly. If you receive errors, see "TroubleShooting" below. '. There is not Troubleshooting section in the article. Not only that, it does not detail the packages it suggests you remove, yet it says 'after you're 100% sure you removed all old TQRChart files'. I don't think the listing is quite complete as I keep getting a 'This application has failed to start because qrpt70.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem' error. I cannot recompile the DCLTQR77 package without getting this error.

I have also searched the forms, and found something similar, but no obvious solution.

I have tried searching the registry and removing the package from the Known Package list, and looking for any dependancies to no avail. Any suggestions? Can't you make this a more straight forward process?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:54 am

Hi ungos,

For the TQRChart files you should check which files are via the Delphi package list and search for any file with that name (whatever the extension is). Also search for the files mentioned to copy at the technical article you pointed.
I keep getting a 'This application has failed to start because qrpt70.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem' error. I cannot recompile the DCLTQR77 package without getting this error.
This may be that Quick Reprot for Delphi 7 is not properly installed or its search paths (project->options->directories/conditionals)are not properly set in Delphi 7.
Can't you make this a more straight forward process?
It's pretty difficult as many packages and dependencies are involved here and it is almost multiplied for each TeeChart and Quick Report versions combination.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

toreba

Post by toreba » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:44 am

Ungos,

Did you solve your problem? I have a similar problem with Delphi 6 and DclTQR76.bpl which looks for qrpt60.bpl. I think QuickReport itself has installed fine, and the directory paths seem fine to me.

Thanks

Toreba