NULL properties with Builder 4

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
mario_jp

Post by mario_jp » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:27 pm

I do have very strange problem with Teechart library 7 and Builder 4.
I have simple application with one form and one chart only.

I see my chart without any problems I can add data to the series but I can not acces such properties like LeftAxis RightAxix.
They are all NULL.

I have the same problem on more that one PC and with more than one software. Demo library Teechart 4 was working without any problems with the same code.

Any hint?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:41 am

Hi Mario,

Strange. There are several possibilities:

1) C++ Builder is somehow still referencing old TeeChart files (dcu, obj, bpi, bpl or lib files). You must remove previous TeeChart installation before you install new version. In most cases the installer automatically removes old files, but sometimes it fails to find all old TC files. 2) C++ Builder 5 might still be using old TeeChart packages. To fix this, check:

+ the "Build with the runtime packages" list. It should contain only new TeeChart packages. They will have Tee*7C4* in their name. If you encounter older TeeChart packages (they will have Tee*40* or Tee*4C4* in their name), remove them. At the end, "Build with..." list (TeeChart part) should contain:

TEE7C4.bpl;TEEQR7C4.bpl;TEEDB7C4.bpl;TEEUI7C4.bpl;TEEPRO7C4.bpl;TEEGL7C4.bpl;

+ Your project group files (*.bpg) are still referencing (and using) old TeeChart *.bpl, *.bpi or *.lib file. Again, the solution is to manually edit (with notepad) *.bpk file are replace all old Teechart files with new ones (locate and *.bpi, *.lib, *.bpl files with Tee*40* or Tee*4C4* in their name and replace them with new Tee*7C4* names.

mario_jp

Post by mario_jp » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:13 pm

Hi Josep,

Thank you for your suggestions but it did not help me.
I have removed all files that are related to the old version.
No difference. Please remember we are using Builder 4.
I have placed simple source code on our server.
I appreciate your help.

ghost.emg-systems.com/test.zip.
Pep wrote:Hi Mario,

Strange. There are several possibilities:

1) C++ Builder is somehow still referencing old TeeChart files (dcu, obj, bpi, bpl or lib files). You must remove previous TeeChart installation before you install new version. In most cases the installer automatically removes old files, but sometimes it fails to find all old TC files. 2) C++ Builder 5 might still be using old TeeChart packages. To fix this, check:

+ the "Build with the runtime packages" list. It should contain only new TeeChart packages. They will have Tee*7C4* in their name. If you encounter older TeeChart packages (they will have Tee*40* or Tee*4C4* in their name), remove them. At the end, "Build with..." list (TeeChart part) should contain:

TEE7C4.bpl;TEEQR7C4.bpl;TEEDB7C4.bpl;TEEUI7C4.bpl;TEEPRO7C4.bpl;TEEGL7C4.bpl;

+ Your project group files (*.bpg) are still referencing (and using) old TeeChart *.bpl, *.bpi or *.lib file. Again, the solution is to manually edit (with notepad) *.bpk file are replace all old Teechart files with new ones (locate and *.bpi, *.lib, *.bpl files with Tee*40* or Tee*4C4* in their name and replace them with new Tee*7C4* names.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:39 pm

Hi mario_jp,

I've been able to reproduce what you report and it is certainly a bug. I've already added this to our defect list to be fixed as soon as possible.

In the meantime you should use a previous installer v7 installer. If you can't find any please let us know.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum