Using annotation tool

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Messie

Using annotation tool

Post by Messie » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:48 pm

After reading some threads I want to use the annotation tool in my project. Anyhow, I was not able to find the component. Maybe it depends on the installation... It would be nice if anyone could tell me something about the basics (how to install, how to place the component etc.) and give me a short overview or an example.

Thanks, Messie

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:23 am

Hi Messie,

TAnnotationTool is not available at the component bar. You should double-click on the chart to open the Chart Editor, then click on "Tools" tab, click on "Add" and select "Other" tab, there you'll find TAnnotationTool.

You'll find examples on how to use that at the TeeChart features demo available at the TeeChart program group also a tutorial about TeeChart tools can be found at the TeeChart documentation.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Messie

Post by Messie » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:41 am

Thanks for your help. I tried the example yesterday and the form could not load (TBaseForm not found). I even did't find the right tutorial yet. I'm not sure if my delphi and TeeChart installation is ok, because I had som trouble with the FastScript component (www.fastreports.com). This component refers to the tee60.bpl and blocked somehow the installation.
Could you tell me the complete name and exact location of the according tutorial so I can check if it is there?

Thanks, Messie

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:47 am

Hi Messie,

If you are using v7.04 you should find the tutorials at:

C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 704 for Delphi 7\Docs\TeeChart7Tutorials.chm

Please note that this is the default english installation path for Delphi 7.

If you are using an older version you just should find the tutorials in a shorcut at TeeChart program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum