QrChart and QrPreview

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Bert Kreisel

QrChart and QrPreview

Post by Bert Kreisel » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:46 pm

I create (not show!) a form F containing a QuickRep component containing a QrChart in a QrBand. I call QuickReport.ShowModeless. In the ‘OnPreview’ event of the QuickRep component I set a QrPreview at another form as destination of printing the QuickReport:
QRPreview1.QRPrinter := TQRPrinter(Sender);
On deleting the form F the error 1400 (Invalid window handle) occurs on destroying the QrChart component (which in fact really has not an associated window). Without the QrChart everything is ok.
The problem exists with Delphi 6, C++Builder 5, C++Builder 6 with QuickReport Pro 3.62, 4.0 and TeeChart 7.03, 7.04
The only workaround I found is a call of F.Show before QuickReport.ShowModeless. Remember: This is not necessary for all other components in a QuickReport!
Could you please fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Behalves Bert Kreisel

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:35 pm

Hi Bert,

perhaps the problem is TeeChart sources are not 100% thread safe so when using PreviewModal, strange things might happen. The workaround/solution is to use Preview instead of PreviewModal when your reports contain TQRChart component.

Bert Kreisel

Post by Bert Kreisel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:57 am

Hi Pep,

Thanks for the reply. The suggested workaround/solution (using Preview instead of PreviewModal) does not work for me:
The QrPreview component is on an ActiveForm, i.e. its an ActiveX control insertable in an AxtiveX container like IExplorer. A call of Preview wold block the entire container wich is not acceptable. So I have to keep my workaround (F.Show; F.Visible := false;F.QuickRep.ShowModeless;).
Remember: This is not necessary for all other components in a QuickReport!
Could you please fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Behalves Bert Kreisel

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:30 am

Hi Bert,

ok. Yes, I've added it on our defect list so it can be fixed for the next releases. Thanks for the report.

Nilex

We need a fix for this to

Post by Nilex » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:09 am

hello!

Has this bug been fixed?

In version 7.07 for Delphi 6 we still get Access Violation.
A Fix for this is urgent.

Best Regards,

Pontus

Nilex AB

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:45 am

Hi Pontus,

I'm afraid this (TV52010483) hasn't been fixed yet. I've increased its priority in the bug list so to be fixed sooner.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum