More on (or is it moron?) v7.04 installation

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
kmanuele

More on (or is it moron?) v7.04 installation

Post by kmanuele » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:00 am

Gave up on recompiling. We managed to get all the packages built, but
we are back to the "Cannot load package 'TEEPRO7C5. It contains unit 'Teedraw3d', which is also contained in package DclTee7C5'.

We can install the Tee7C5 package, but if we then drop a TChart on a form, compile and run, simply clicking on the chart brings an exception.

Also, where are the help files? Hitting F1 on a v7 TChart in the IDE also brings an exception.

We are now 6+ hours into this foolishness.

Going back to v5 (we never did get v6 installed ---- gave up in disgust).

Kevin

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:58 am

Hi Kevin,

We have been able to reproduce the "contains unit 'Teedraw3d'" error. I'll send you the new packages (Tee7C5 and TeePro7C5) to the contact e-mail address we have in our customer records.

After fixing manually the search paths, as I told you previously, and copying the new files over the old ones, you shouldn't have any problem running the recompile tool again.

You can always compile from IDE. But in this case you'll have to manually set (if you want to) output paths for bpl and dcu files.

We also noticed the uninstallation problems and we will try to fix them. Marjan told you this in another message.
Also, where are the help files? Hitting F1 on a v7 TChart in the IDE also brings an exception.
Please notice that source code installers only contain the TeeChart sources, so if you want to have help, tutorials, demos, examples, etc. installed you should install the components using the binary installers and then install the sources.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

kmanuele

binary installers

Post by kmanuele » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:11 pm

Re: binary installers:

I really don't want to use these, since I must assume that the same problems exist there as in the source files.

Is there any other way to get help files and other documents besides the binary installers?

Kevin

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:42 am

Hi Kevin,

no, the help files, examples and tutorials are only included with the binaries installer without source code.