Chart lines don't display

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
bcmiller

Post by bcmiller » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:27 pm

I have a line series dbchart referencing a clientdataset (dbExpress). At runtime the dataset is filtered using the SetRange approach and the series display fine. But when I filter the data again later on using the same method, the chart goes blank. I'm using D7 with TeeChart v7.02.

There's also a dbgrid on the form that pulls data from the same clientdataset (via a datasource). When the range is changed the grid shows the new data ok.

The filtering was working fine till yesterday. I've rebuilt both the chart and the datamodule where I have the dbExpress components. I also tried using the Filter method instead of SetRange but the same thing happens.

At design time the series lines show ok and I can apply a filter once. If I change the filter and close/open the clientdataset, the chart goes blank. I have to reset the dataset Y value for each series to make the lines reappear.

Ideas?

Thanks
Barry
Last edited by bcmiller on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

bcmiller

Post by bcmiller » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:00 am

After working with it I discovered that the dbChart.refreshdata method wasn't working. The lines would redisplay after refiltering the data by using SeriesX.CheckDataSource.

But why, after quite a bit of usage, would the refreshdata method no longer work?