TQRChart axis scaling problems

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
OCS

Re: TQRChart axis scaling problems

Post by OCS » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 am

Hello Narcis,

thank you for your suggestion, I will give it a try.

Kind regards,
Guido

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi Guido,

Finally got some time to prepare an environment similar to yours and test your application. I used latest TeeChart 2013.09.131119 release with CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 and QuickReport 5.02. Had to remove some references from your project for it to compile, eg.: util.lib. Finally, when I click "Create chart frame" in the menu I get the error message below. Same occurs with "Start background export". After that, the error message starts appearing continuously until I cancel project's execution. Didn't you get that?
---------------------------
Project1
Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.
OK
Finally, after some time without stopping project's execution, I got this other error message:
Debugger Exception Notification
Project Project1.exe raised exception class EOSError with message 'A call to an OS function failed'.
Break Continue Help
This makes me think with some sort of application permissions issue so, I tried executing the project's .exe outside C++ Builder 2007 with the "Run as administrator" option. When I choose "create chart frame" I get the first error message once. After that I get an image like this:
2013-11-22 17-15-02.jpg
2013-11-22 17-15-02.jpg (110.7 KiB) Viewed 5249 times
Is that what I am supposed to do? And what about the results you expected? If there's anything different I should do please let me know, I'll be glad to test it.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

OCS

Post by OCS » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:32 am

Hello Narcis,

no, I did not get any error messages at all.
The chart is fine, that´s what it should look like. When you choose Create chart frame from the main menu a child window will be created which will then export the chart to the root directory C:\ using the QuickReport and TQRChart components. When you choose Star background export the export will be executed periodically, giving you the opportunity to minimize the main window. You will notice the exported images look different, depending on the state of the main window.

Hope this helps,
Guido

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:05 am

Hi Guido,
OCS wrote: no, I did not get any error messages at all.
Looks like this is the problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1523 ... ble-window
http://www.delphipages.com/forum/showth ... p?t=114234
OCS wrote: The chart is fine, that´s what it should look like. When you choose Create chart frame from the main menu a child window will be created which will then export the chart to the root directory C:\ using the QuickReport and TQRChart components. When you choose Star background export the export will be executed periodically, giving you the opportunity to minimize the main window. You will notice the exported images look different, depending on the state of the main window.
Ok, besides the error message and having to close error windows continuously, the chart exports as in the image I posted regardless minimizing main or child windows. My recommendation would be to try to set up a test environment with latest Quick Report and TeeChart versions to check whether it solves the problem for you. Alternatively you could use the workaround I suggested here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

OCS

Post by OCS » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks for your efforts, Narcis.

I will upgrade TeeCharts/QuickReport as soon as Embarcadero uses the clang/LLVM compiler for 32 bit applications. Since the really weird export happens only occasionally I can live with it for a while. I do not want to use the workaround you suggested because the export image will be stretched and looks somewhat ugly.

Kind regards,
Guido