Teechart toolbar question

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Suma

Teechart toolbar question

Post by Suma » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:57 am

I have a gantt chart on which i have added toolbar. When normal button on the toolbar is clicked (button with an arrow), it says at the corner 'Drag Left button to zoom, right button to scroll'. But nothing happens when i actually try to use the mouse buttons when in 2D mode (in 3D mode zoom and scroll works). But the actual zoom, move and other buttons works, although it changes the gantt chart from 2D to 3D.

Why does it put up that message, but then not work?

Thanks in advance for any response.
- Suma.

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:12 am

Hi, Suma.

Is the chart empty (no series) ? Zooming and scrolling is enabled (makes sense) only if you have at least one active series on chart. If your chart has one active series, then zooming and scrolling works as expected.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

Suma

Post by Suma » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:54 pm

Gantt chart does have lot of series added. zoom and scroll buttons work fine. But when normal (with an arrow) button is clicked it says gives that message to use left and right mouse buttons to zoom and scroll. But this does not work when in 2D mode.

Another question, when i draw the gantt chart with huge number of rows (the one that broke had about 600 rows and 800 gantt points) , after drawing when i call Repint(), it gives this 'Not enough storage to process this command' message. Any idea on why this problem happens or how to resolve it.

Thanks,
- Suma.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:36 pm

Hi Suma,
Gantt chart does have lot of series added. zoom and scroll buttons work fine. But when normal (with an arrow) button is clicked it says gives that message to use left and right mouse buttons to zoom and scroll. But this does not work when in 2D mode.
I cannot reproduce the problem here using the TeeChart Pro v7.02. To test it I've paced a Chart on the Form, edit and add two Gantt Series, set to 2D through the 3D tab, close Edit, add a TeeCommander control and FillSampleValues() in the code. Run it and I can click over the Normal "Arrow", zoom and scroll without problems. Can you please tell us the detailed steps to reproduce the problem ?
Another question, when i draw the gantt chart with huge number of rows (the one that broke had about 600 rows and 800 gantt points) , after drawing when i call Repint(), it gives this 'Not enough storage to process this command' message. Any idea on why this problem happens or how to resolve it.
Neither I cannot get this error here, could you please send me (to pep@steema.com) a small app. with which I can reproduce the problem "as is" here ?