Gantt chart and paging

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
AB Prod

Gantt chart and paging

Post by AB Prod » Mon May 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi,

The Gantt objects are drawn one over the other from the bottom of my chart to the top, but i might happen that i have more Gantt objects to display then the current available display area can handle, and so some are simply invisible without dragging the chart.
is it possible to use a TChartPageNavigator in coordination with a Gantt chart in order to display multiple pages according to the X-Axis and not the bottom one?

Best regards

Laurent

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gantt chart and paging

Post by Sandra » Wed May 15, 2013 10:07 am

Hello Laurent,
is it possible to use a TChartPageNavigator in coordination with a Gantt chart in order to display multiple pages according to the X-Axis and not the bottom one?
I understand you want achieve use ChartPageNavigator to Y-axis. For this reason, I inform you that isn't possible uses TChartPageNavigator for vertical axis unless you are working with a vertical series, for example, horizontal line. My recommendation in your case, is use buttons and method SetMinMax to recalculate the axis scale, as do in Demo project All features\Chart styles\Gantt\Mouse dragging and you get the same result as ChartPageNavigator.

I hope will helps.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

AB Prod

Post by AB Prod » Thu May 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi Sandra,

tnx for your answer, I look at the demo like you told me, you can increment or decrement the axis, but then the Gantt objects are increasing or decreasing adequately. Referring to the same example you gave me, imagine instead of 4 Gantt objects i have 30, so after the D, there is E, F, G, etc ...
Each one is on his own line (not like the C where you have twice David), i think the E will still be visible, but the other ones will be out of display!
Also i do not wish to modify the size of each Gantt object, and i'm afraid that the more i increase the range of the Left axis, the Gantt objects will be closer and smaller until it will not be possible to distinguish between them.
In fact i need a way to display all my Gantt objects ten by ten (for example) with the possibility to jump forward and backward (vertically). May be forcing a scrolling by a fixed increment?

Also, another point interesting, also visible on the same demo page you suggested:
if you drag the whole chart to the bottom, they disappear from the display area after they pass the bottom axis, but surprisingly, the labels are not!
How can i force the labels (marks) to disappear?
I join a snapshot for this point (please look inside the ellipse at the bottom).

Merci

Laurent
Attachments
Gantt_lables.JPG
Connected to the second point
Gantt_lables.JPG (117.38 KiB) Viewed 6436 times

AB Prod

Post by AB Prod » Thu May 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi Sandra,

please forget the first story, i found the solution using a TScrollBar (found it in the forum). :-)

But for the second part, it will be nice to know if there is a solution.

Best regards

Laurent

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri May 17, 2013 8:45 am

Hi Laurent,
AB Prod wrote:Also, another point interesting, also visible on the same demo page you suggested:
if you drag the whole chart to the bottom, they disappear from the display area after they pass the bottom axis, but surprisingly, the labels are not!
How can i force the labels (marks) to disappear?
I join a snapshot for this point (please look inside the ellipse at the bottom).
Try setting Marks.Clip to true.
If you are using GDIPlus you may also have to hide the marks shadow, setting Marks.Shadow.Visible to false.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

AB Prod

Post by AB Prod » Tue May 21, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Yeray,

wonderful no more marks under the line axis!
Great, tnx a lot

Laurent