Last Installer for XE3 does not work

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Gareth

Re: Last Installer for XE3 does not work

Post by Gareth » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 am

I got exactly the same error as well with Win 7 Pro 64bit, C++Builder XE3 Enterprise.
Using "Run as Administrator" didn't help.

dfpost

Post by dfpost » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 am

If you run TeeChart2012SourceCode.exe, then the installation is successful. But all the controls in FireMonkey become invisible on the form in designe time. This does not occur if you install only the version without source code. This error began to appear in version XE2.
Running TeeChart2012RADXE3.exe succeeds if previously installed and removed TeeChart2012SourceCode.exe. After that FireMonkey components are visible on the form in designe time.

Rad Studio XE3 Pro.

MINAS

Post by MINAS » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 am

Dear TeeChart support group,

our problem is a little bit urgent !

We have a lot of projects waiting ...

Thanks a lot !

strumpf

Post by strumpf » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 am

Where the file TeeChart2012SourceCode.exe is allocated?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:28 am

Hello everyone,

Looking at the installation process, I see there's only one place where the mentioned error message appears:
The installation was aborted by the user. Run TeeInstall or TeeRecompile to install the packages at a later time.
The message above should only appear when replied "No" to the question:
Old TeeChart Standard files found at: OrigPath Those files should be moved to a backup folder. Continue?
Have you been prompted with the question above and clicked the "No" button? Please, note you have to click "Yes" to allow the installation to backup the TeeChart installation shipped with the IDE and continue with the installation.
dfpost wrote:If you run TeeChart2012SourceCode.exe, then the installation is successful. But all the controls in FireMonkey become invisible on the form in designe time. This does not occur if you install only the version without source code. This error began to appear in version XE2.
Running TeeChart2012RADXE3.exe succeeds if previously installed and removed TeeChart2012SourceCode.exe. After that FireMonkey components are visible on the form in designe time.
Bad news then. We thought the problem was solved with XE3 because we weren't reproducing the problem here in the machines where we reproduced it in XE2.
Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you.
strumpf wrote:Where the file TeeChart2012SourceCode.exe is allocated?
This is accessible when login into the client area with a SourceCode license.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

MINAS

Post by MINAS » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:08 pm

never see such a question

Old TeeChart Standard files found at: OrigPath Those files should be moved to a backup folder. Continue?

so i can not reply yes or no

Thank you

strumpf

Post by strumpf » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:27 pm

I also
"never see such a question
'Old TeeChart Standard files found at: OrigPath Those files should be moved to a backup folder. Continue?'
so i can not reply yes or no"

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the information.
We are studying what could be causing this and we'll be back here asap.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 am

Hi,

We found the source of the problem. We are preparing new installers for XE2 and XE3 including this and some other fixes.
We'll publish them asap. Apologise for the inconvenience.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Little Mike

Post by Little Mike » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 am

I also get the error. Let me ask you something...does the TeeInstaller.exe file depend on .NET? If it does, then the problem PROBABLY is the fact that .NET4 is installed and the exe flags for this app are not set to force 32 bit execution mode. I've had that problem with other apps that use .NET after installing .NET4.

Awaiting your feedback...

Thanks.

-- Mike

Little Mike

Post by Little Mike » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 am

Discovered a cute solution while messing around.

I notice that the XE2 TeeInstall.exe app works as expected no problem for installation into XE2, and it LOOKS for Delphi17 and prints an exception if it doesn't find it, so I copied the Delphi17 subdirs from the XE3 install location to the XE2 install location and re-ran the TeeInstall.exe there TWICE, once to UNINSTALL, second time to install. It installed the correct libs for both products into the correct and respective XE2 and XE3 locations (I have both Rad Studio products running on same machine).

So whatever the problem is, the XE2 installer did NOT exhibit the issue in my environment, but the XE3 installer DOES exhibit this issue.

Hope that helps Steema to figure this out.

I am running Win7 x64 ultimate in U.S. I have Rad Studio XE2 and XE3 both and both are patched to latest patch releases. Need any more info, just email me.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:34 am

Hi,
Little Mike wrote:I also get the error. Let me ask you something...does the TeeInstaller.exe file depend on .NET? If it does, then the problem PROBABLY is the fact that .NET4 is installed and the exe flags for this app are not set to force 32 bit execution mode. I've had that problem with other apps that use .NET after installing .NET4.
No, TeeChart VCL doesn't use .NET.
The problem is that the PreRelease installer for XE3 included a mistake making the same to think the user has answered "No" even before the question "Old TeeChart Standard files found at: OrigPath Those files should be moved to a backup folder. Continue?" has been made. Apologize for the inconvenience.

We are hurrying to prepare a new set of installers, this time for all the IDEs at the same time, as usual.
Little Mike wrote:Discovered a cute solution while messing around.

I notice that the XE2 TeeInstall.exe app works as expected no problem for installation into XE2, and it LOOKS for Delphi17 and prints an exception if it doesn't find it, so I copied the Delphi17 subdirs from the XE3 install location to the XE2 install location and re-ran the TeeInstall.exe there TWICE, once to UNINSTALL, second time to install. It installed the correct libs for both products into the correct and respective XE2 and XE3 locations (I have both Rad Studio products running on same machine).

So whatever the problem is, the XE2 installer did NOT exhibit the issue in my environment, but the XE3 installer DOES exhibit this issue.
Thanks for sharing. Right, this could be used as a workaround for those who have XE2 and XE3. However, as said above, we are working on the new installers and we should be able to publish them before the end of the week.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi all,

We've just finished with the installers. We'll announce it tomorrow but you actually can find the new v2012.07 installers from this moment.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

dfpost

Post by dfpost » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:02 pm

I can't activate online the release version TeeChart2012SourceCode.exe after download.

MINAS

Post by MINAS » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:06 pm

after installing the latest version on Delphi Pro XE,

i start Delphi and i get the message
tee.JPG
tee.JPG (40.77 KiB) Viewed 23668 times
what to do now ?