Installation / Creation of Quick Report Tee Chart QRChart.

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MSS

Installation / Creation of Quick Report Tee Chart QRChart.

Post by MSS » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:40 pm

There are a few brief instructions and a few items in this board related to this, those that link from this board seem to be dead links?

I try to open the dpk files that exist for version 5 of the quick report teechart packages in XE2 and get nothing in any list boxes in XE2 that I can install.
I have no BPL files in the Steema quick reports folder after your binary installation of TeeChart2012XE2 dated June 15th. I did with earlier versions??????
The dpk files open XE2 but nothing is listed anywhere that I can right click and install. Im sorry your text file that comes with the install only mentions versions 3 and version 4 of quick reports even though the header says version 5. The instructions are not detailed enough , please add step by step detail, can only be a few lines?

I have version 5.05 of quick reports and the dpks after the TeeChart Install have v5 listed in their name. I just cannot see anyway to install these items.

Regards

Shaun MSS software.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation / Creation of Quick Report Tee Chart QRChart.

Post by Yeray » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Shaun,
MSS wrote:There are a few brief instructions and a few items in this board related to this, those that link from this board seem to be dead links?
If you tell us where did you see these links, we'll be glad to revise them.
MSS wrote:I try to open the dpk files that exist for version 5 of the quick report teechart packages in XE2 and get nothing in any list boxes in XE2 that I can install.
I have no BPL files in the Steema quick reports folder after your binary installation of TeeChart2012XE2 dated June 15th. I did with earlier versions??????
The dpk files open XE2 but nothing is listed anywhere that I can right click and install. Im sorry your text file that comes with the install only mentions versions 3 and version 4 of quick reports even though the header says version 5. The instructions are not detailed enough , please add step by step detail, can only be a few lines?

I have version 5.05 of quick reports and the dpks after the TeeChart Install have v5 listed in their name. I just cannot see anyway to install these items.
It was on older versions where the packages showed a form you could use to build and install the same packages. Now you have to build the packages manually (first the runtime package, Tee9QR5D16.dpk, and then the design time package, DclTee9QR5D16.dpk).
You can also find more detailed instructions in the QuickReport article here
And finally, you can find a compiled version packages here. But it was compiled using TeeChart v2012.05 so you'll probably have to build them again to use them in v2012.06.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

MSS

Post by MSS » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:59 am

Sorry that link "You can also find more detailed instructions in the QuickReport article here" goes to a blank screen.

The packages seem to be of no use in 32 bit C++ XE2. I get the message required delphi personality is not available when trying to open those bpls. Ithink related to the article where you have forward me, that that is a 64 bit set. Whatever it is the download does not work.

Sorry no further forward with this

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi,
MSS wrote:Sorry that link "You can also find more detailed instructions in the QuickReport article here" goes to a blank screen.
The blank page is the main page for the articles. If you click on the "QuickReport" title, the desired article is shown.
Here you also have a direct link:
http://www.teechart.net/reference/artic ... Report.htm
MSS wrote:The packages seem to be of no use in 32 bit C++ XE2. I get the message required delphi personality is not available when trying to open those bpls. Ithink related to the article where you have forward me, that that is a 64 bit set. Whatever it is the download does not work.
For C++Builder, the packages are here
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

MSS

Post by MSS » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Thankyou the C++ software worked (unsuprisingly).

Just took the drop in folders approach as it still wouldn't build correctly.
Thanks