Error when starting Delphi 2010 IDE

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
dirkil

Error when starting Delphi 2010 IDE

Post by dirkil » Mon May 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi there!

I bought a brandnew PC and installed Delphi and TeeChart 2012 on it. When I try to start the Delphi IDE I get an error stating that Package Tee914 cannot be loaded because the unit "TeeAbout" is also contained in Package "Tee8140".

It is a brandnew PC that has never had TeeChart 8 installed. In the search paths there is only the path to TeeChart 2012 included. I also moved the path to the top of the list but it didn't help.

Can you please help me quickly since I cannot continue programming when this problem is not fixed.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Dirk.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error when starting Delphi 2010 IDE

Post by Yeray » Mon May 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Dirk,

Note that Tee8140 is the package that was shipped with the IDE (the packages shipped with the IDE end with zero). So it seems it's still trying to be loaded so it enters in conflict with the Pro version you've just installed. To correct it, simply open the IDE packages list and make sure the TeeChart Standard v8 version package is unselected. Then, you should be able to select the latest package in the same list.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

dirkil

Post by dirkil » Mon May 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi Yeray,

thank you for your answer. I checked that but there is no such package in the packages list.

I also have DevExpress components installed. Can it be that it is referenced from that package?

Regards,
Dirk.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 22, 2012 7:39 am

Hi Dirk,

Effectively, the most common cause is the Standard package not being correctly uninstalled. The second cause is a 3rd party tool using it; please try unselecting any 3rd party tool you may suspect to be integrating TeeChart Standard in one of its components. If you find this was the cause of the problem, and you still want that package installed, please contact the manufacturer to have instructions on how to proceed. Steema Software supports the integration of TeeChart into QuickReport and Intraweb.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy